Appalachian Insert Thermostat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPS. LLC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an older Appalachian insert in our basement that was in the house when we bought it. It has worked fine to heat the basement for five years, but this year I finished off a section of the basement.

We've been using the insert more, and now I find when the fan is on high, it will cut off after several minutes and won't come back on. Even when the switch is on to constantly blow the blower, it cuts off, but the fire is plenty hot.

Is there a way to bypass and/or eliminate the thermostat in the blower? The switch on the left side of the blower controls the fan speed; low, medium, high. The right side switch controls the blower by thermostat....down-thermostat controlled, up-always on. I would like to make that switch moreless an on off switch and not use the thermostat, because it is really useless anyway...

thermo has 1 wire in & 1 wire out. connect the 2 wires & u bypass the thermostat. seems the always on switch would do the same?

Back