Aptos Blue or Soquel?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justiebabe

Reaction score
Any Coastal Redwood experts out there who can recommend which of these hybrids would be best in Mill Valley, Marin CA?

I am looking for

1/ fast growth

2/ density of growth

3/ beauty of form

Caltrans are cutting down a grove of Monterey Pine to make way for (and thereby expose our property to) 101 freeway improvements so I am looking to screen our property from freeway ugliness.

I have so far read a lot of conflicting comments on these two hybrids

Thanks in advance

Justin

I was born and raised in Marin and was working there until last spring. House prices and long commutes have driven us away. I still think its an exceptional place. My old boss in Marin is Craig Swift of Swift Tree care 488-0522. He's an arborist and a good guy. He doesn't sign my checks anymore so I'm not required to say that. Anyway, give him a call he'll set you right, tell him Darin sent you. I know we dealt with a number of 'aptos blue' redwood hybrids that had fallen or were lifting up their root ball. I would stay away from them. As for the others I'm not so sure. Craig will know. :)

Latest posts

Back