Aqua ii boiler help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xpackdeals

Reaction score
I have a central boiler so im familiar with a boiler operation but. I just went with my best friend and bought a aqua II wood boiler it was built in 1991 and looks to be in good shape to me it looks better built than mine inside. The outside is about butt ugly which we are going to change with some barn siding.My friend bought to hook up at his house and only paid $600.00 for it and it appears to be built like a tank.It appears to be common sense as far as how to hook it up but there isnt much info on it out there.I was just wondering if anyone has one of these and if anyone would would have any info about one maybe a manual would be great.The company who made this apparently is no longer in business.Heres what i know about it at this point.

1) I believe it holds around 400 gallons of water
2) It has a draft blower to allow air in firebox (not a damper) it is at the rear of the stove aquastat controlled
3) It has copper lines coming out of water jacket which i think were for domestic hot water (which we wont use) we will hook up a sidearm to h/w
4) It has a ash drawer and grates for cleanout
5) It has the obvious front door for loading wood but also has a backdoor to access tubes and exhaust cleanout
6) The exhaust actually is kinda neat it has to go threw about (4) four inch pipes at the back of the stove which are surrounded by the water then up then it has to go back to the front of the stove to reach the actual chimney pipe before escaping seems like this will collect a lot of heat before escape.

My friend doesnt have a lot of cash and is currently heating house with a add-on woodburner which is a lot of worry and a p-i-a so we are going to get this owb going for him for next year i know the biggest thing i fear is a water leak (but we can weld) and the firebox and components inside look good and no signs of overheating and the seller said there were no leaks when they unhooked it (lets hope) we are going to fill and test it before we hook it up.

Any info you might have on this one would be great thanks

Welcome to AS................:msp_biggrin:

I don't have a lot of suggestions but:

Beware of #6 creating a lot of creosote

EZ cleanout?

Latest posts

Back