Aquatherm OWB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktm250rider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone heard of them? They sell a sheltered and unsheltered unit. I found a used one that Im getting more info about. Specifically if its sheltered or not. They are selling it due to excessive smoke and neighbors.
The big thing i noticed on their website, is that its a closed system. It runs at 15-18 psi, similar to my gas boiler. Good or bad, i dont know.

Have heard some bad things about the closed system units from this forum, do a search for outdoor wood boiler disaster that thread talks all about it.
RIX

Yup, ive read that. Gonna read it again though. I think with the proper pressure relief valves, you should be ok.

Yeah, I agree if its set up properly you should have no issues. I do wonder though, what is the benefit of the closed system? We know the cons but what are the pros? :confused:

According to their website:
Less water, no evaporation more freeze protection, no oxidation
less wood to keep water at set temp.
quicker temp recovery time.

Got it, I have never really researched these units. Thanks for the info. :biggrinbounce2:

I put in 4 of those non inclosed boilers....They seem to be an all right stove but look around at the price on them, they cost alot for what you get. The ones that put in where like $4800 just for the stove, hell I sell one for 3890 that is bigger and you dont have to put anything around it.

Steam or closed system boilers are great ideas and they work fine, its just more stuff to go bad. With out the steam boiler you wouldnt be reading this or even be a live......maybe:cheers:

I would stay away from it, I have a friend who sells Central Boiler and has told me some of the horror stories of them blowing up, also they don't hold as much water, or are as efficient.

Shawn

Latest posts

Back