Arborcultural Inventions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate that smaller version unicender. I haven't climbed on 13mm since last November.

Could I be on the list for the smaller version? Please, feel free to have Morgan contact me directly.

It appears the doors to the New School have been cracked open to a bigger class load.

Last edited:
a few ideas...

a foam (that will hold wood) that will dissolve gradually (leave no residue) that you could put at the base of a tree and then cut the branches and drop into the foam and then let it dissolve and gradually lower the limbs the ground. For use on concrete, patios and what not.

a laser beam that only has an effective height of say 100' feet that you could use to cut limbs out from the ground

Crash bags like stunt people use can be used for soft landings of branches. Do some googling to see what is already on the market. It's a very interesting possibility, I've looked at it in the past.

I have utilized similar devices for soft landings of logs on hard surfaces. But you would have to inflate and deflate the bad for each cut as you would lose control of the log after it hits the bag. My idea (and it is just and idea not to be criticized) was for it to be a "soft stick" if you will. But that must have been too far out there...lol

OK, you got me. I'm actually a spy that works for a rather large firm (Paranoia LLC -PRND :NYSE) that thinks the best way to "borrow" an idea is to actually make a post like this on an open forum. I'm hoping that at least some of you listers have a low IQ and don't see through my devious plot. Once I dump my shares I'm going to take all the ideas that I have collected and patent them one by one and before you know it, I'll be a member of the Forbes 400, have multiple properties in the Hamptons and Palm Beach and spend most of my time soaking it up in a hot tub with my soul mate ;) ANYWAY, thanks for the serious responses. I think the by far best idea so far has to be the machine that makes people appreciate trees. Well, I have many more open forums to visit and a corporate espionage 101 seminar to attend SO.. now i'll be taking a stroll. :rolleyes:

(sarcasm not meant to specifically offend anyone, i'm just feeling amused by the responses and the high level of protectiveness/paranoia)

Trust me, we like you, Spyboy. I think this is an excellent thread. No paranoia in sharing with you facts. Keeping facts and sarcasm straight helps us communicate. We know you're here to infiltrate our clan. ;)

I was thinkin about an invention. Remember the thread we had about filling abscess to prevent them from becoming cavities, which would keep them from forming hollows?

An invention would be the material that is ideal for that. If we could prevent the premature demise of trees, then, I think that's worthy of entry into Agent 007's list of Arboricultural Inventions.

Back