Arborist Tree Climber Training

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greggwag

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find information on Arborist/Tree Climber training programs. I live in New York City and would prefer something nearby, but would travel for the right program.

Thanks in advance.

Sir Sandford Fleming College and Humber College in Ontario both have Urban Arboriculture programs that teach the students how to climb safely and how to use the right equipment. I believe its only one semester in duration. If you google Urban Arboriculture you might find what your looking for.

Intro to tree climbing

The New York Botanical Garden located in the Bronx is giving a tree climbing course on 3 consecutive Saturday afternoons this June 7,14,21. Go to the web site, give them a call they can send you a catalog of all the courses offered. You'll get the basics and all equipment is included for the classes. I think it's about $300 dollars. Its within walking distance of the 1/9 train. The course is given by the climbing crew that maintains the trees for the NYBG. I took the course 12 years ago, now I'll be teaching it.
Corey

Latest posts

Back