ArborPro Bars??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i just ordered a new 24" .050 guage bar for my 066/046 from bailey's, has anyone been running these bars? are they any good? just wondering before i get it in. i suppose im just anxious to get it on a saw. you all have a good day.

Never used ArborPro bars...But I have used the Woodsman Pro bars and they are excellent...The only downside is they are much heavier than a regular bar...But they last forever

i guess i should add that the bar i ordered is the ArborPro Professional Logger series. just wanted to throw that out there

i usually run oregon power match, windsor speed tip, or stihl. ive never ran a woodsman pro, and as far as the ArborPro goes i was just wanting to try something different to see how it worked, im a logger so it is going to get used quite a bit, i will leave you all posted on my experiences

I'm running one of the Arbor Pro narrow kerf bars from Baileys on my MS 290 and so far I'm very pleased with it.I'm just a firewood cutter so I can't speak for how it would stand up to daily logging use.Keep us updated on how well it works for you.

The only Arbor Pro bars I have seen negative reports on are the .325 NK ones - they may be wimpier than the Oregon and Em counterparts, but I have never used one myself.....

ArborPRO Professional Logger Bars

Our line of ArborPRO professional chainsaw bars are made by the same manufacturer in Sweden that makes our harvester bars. The quality should be similar to Oregon/Windsor, but they do not go through the same extreme manufacturing processes as the WoodsmanPRO/Cannon bar, hence the price. If you fall in love with yours, better order another one, because the factory is no longer making chainsaw bars as of today, and we only have a couple hundred left from the last shipment.

Nik Bailey

Thanks for the reply Nik.

So not even the Harvester bars? That's too bad. Will you find another manufacturer to make them for you?

Love your business by the way. Always a pleasure orderin' from Bailey's!:cheers:

Gary

is a cannon and a woodsman pro the same bar, to be honest ive never seen a cannon bar, where can u get them? also, ive never seen a Total bar around here either, must not be sold anywhere locally. are they pretty good bars?

ordering from baileys

i just made an online order last night, got me a few things for my 066, will be getting more in the near future. does is seem to anyone else that they go to the woods and work to make money so they can spend it on there saw!?!?!?!!? its a downward spiral i suppose

It actually beats my that anyone want the Cannon/WoodsmanPro bars at all, because of the weight. The exception may be for short bars on heavy saws, for balance - but I don't think anyone actually buy those bars for that reason.

The economy probably isn't too good either, because of the high price, even though they last longer........:yoyo: :yoyo:

The only Arbor Pro bars I have seen negative reports on are the .325 NK ones - they may be wimpier than the Oregon and Em counterparts, but I have never used one myself.....

SawTroll , that was in the 18" bar . With 2 years experience with the ArborPro 16" NK and a Micro Lite 16" NK the opposite is true , the Micro Lite is wimpier .

well i suppose the saws don't eat up that much money, i eat up that much money on the saws!!! i finally got me a set of that aftermarket felling dogs from baileys too. looking forward to gettign this order

Our Swedish bar manufacturer is still making .404 pitch and 3/4 pitch harvester bars under the WoodsmanPRO name and will continue to do so, but the chainsaw bars are uneconomical to produce right now, partly because of exchange rates between the Dollar and the Krona. There are several new companies getting into the solid bar business right now (1 in Germany, 1 in Taiwan and Stihl is bringing on a new plant in Virginia Beach soon), so the professional user will have a myriad of quality choices very soon, and I am sure prices will fall with more competition.

ive been runnin the arbor max arborist bars on my ms 200 's and the 192's they hold up good .

i just made an online order last night, got me a few things for my 066, will be getting more in the near future. does is seem to anyone else that they go to the woods and work to make money so they can spend it on there saw!?!?!?!!? its a downward spiral i suppose

Usually when I buy a new saw,It's paid for itself within 48 hours.....I do like to spend a little cash on them from time to time so they don't end up layin' down on me too soon....But as far as Moddin'....and aftermarket BS.....Nope...I only buy OEM parts,except for chains and guide bars....I have always thought the Woodsman Pro was the perfect guide bar,we'll blow a saw up before we wear the thing out,so I only buy them in 20 and 24 inch lenghts...For longer ones,I use OEM Stihl and Husky bars.

Latest posts

Back