Are you kidding me ??? Definately what NOT to do !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you see that big limb on the left?
Yeah, didn't see much of the rest of the canopy but I guessed that was what determined the direction of the fall. It actually looked like the lean was 90 degrees to to right. Hard to tell without a 360 view though.

What was he doing with his hands on the chain and bar with the saw RUNNING?????????

That was the part I was wondering about. At 0:28 he plugs his bar with chips and the chain binds. With the saw running he turns the chain with his hands to free up the clog. That's absolutely the dumbest thing I've seen anybody do in a long time.

His falling techinque was sketchy.He was reefing hard on the handle to where the bar was bending. He never looked up. With no hinge the tree will go to the natural lean...most of the time.
I agree with Slowp, I wouldn't want that guy cutting anywhere near me. The guy doesn't really understand what he's doing and what could happen to him.

That was the part I was wondering about. At 0:28 he plugs his bar with chips and the chain binds. With the saw running he turns the chain with his hands to free up the clog. That's absolutely the dumbest thing I've seen anybody do in a long time.

His falling techinque was sketchy.He was reefing hard on the handle to where the bar was bending. He never looked up. With no hinge the tree will go to the natural lean...most of the time.
I agree with Slowp, I wouldn't want that guy cutting anywhere near me. The guy doesn't really understand what he's doing and what could happen to him.
Looked to me like he was show boating all the way! Must of sucked jamming it !

that is not how to cut venner . let alone that log won't go for venner . I have seen people cut venner like that and they can do really safe . the only time I've seen somone cut like this is a black walnut venner . that Payed out 18 thousand dollars . life's more important then venner logs . that's not safe coming from another logger .

Looked to me like he was show boating all the way! Must of sucked jamming it !

Yup. What would you do if one of your guys cleared a jammed chain by hand with the saw running? I'd think maybe I'd put him back to setting chokers until his brain started working again.

Yup. What would you do if one of your guys cleared a jammed chain by hand with the saw running? I'd think maybe I'd put him back to setting chokers until his brain started working again.
We had a guy like that, always walking under falling branches and logs. No matter how many times I told him he would repeat the same action. Finally I told him to take a long walk home.

that is not how to cut venner . let alone that log won't go for venner . I have seen people cut venner like that and they can do really safe . the only time I've seen somone cut like this is a black walnut venner . that Payed out 18 thousand dollars . life's more important then venner logs . that's not safe coming from another logger .
Why was it worth so much?

Appears that he is a professional and his video is going to get allot of amateurs injured or killed.

I agree that there is no face cut, "the clock" that some have commented about is where the start and the end of his cut ended up

All videos are 1 month old or newer.

The chain sharpening video is a joke ...............
His post on a different site with the chain sharpening video said :
Title..................................: "The proper way to sharpen a chainsaw"
The post read.....................: "Watch this and learn"

Latest posts

Back