Arming Maine Forest Rangers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in maine where theres supposedly there arent any cougars or wolfes around although i have seen a wolf i was driving on 95 about 5 miles out of millinocket and saw a lone wolf in the middle of the road it was huge it was also at 12:00 at night and have heard enough reliable people say they have seen the big cats that i believe that they are here still the chances of seeing one is unlikely and if you do see one they usually will just go away same with the bears

I live in maine where theres supposedly there arent any cougars or wolfes around although i have seen a wolf i was driving on 95 about 5 miles out of millinocket and saw a lone wolf in the middle of the road it was huge it was also at 12:00 at night and have heard enough reliable people say they have seen the big cats that i believe that they are here still the chances of seeing one is unlikely and if you do see one they usually will just go away same with the bears

Few years back we had a sick fox that kept bothering us in a pine job, thing would sneak up and do a little attack on you.

That's too funny..

Reason they make me nervous is we have a couple of somewhat domestic cats around here, they are like 12lbs, and they enjoy jumping out of trees in the dark, landing on a person and biting and scratching, they think it is a game.

Even funnier...

Do you walk around every day with twinkies, ho ho's & ding dongs in your pockets? These animals really seem to have an interest in you..LOL

Either that our your a magnet for odd occurances.. Aurora, Meth Labs, Restraining orders, animal attacks.. I'd seek shelter in an electrical storm if I were u.. Id also play the lottery..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That's too funny..

Even funnier...

Do you walk around every day with twinkies, ho ho's & ding dongs in your pockets? These animals really seem to have an interest in you..LOL

Either that our your a magnet for odd occurances.. Aurora, Meth Labs, Restraining orders, animal attacks.. I'd seek shelter in an electrical storm if I were u.. Id also play the lottery..

No twinkies or junk food, don't play the lottery. Have worked in the woods for almost 30 years thou, seen and learned a few things happen. A handful of animal experiences is not many. Meth heads hit all the garages in my neighborhood looking for stuff to grab. I suspect that happens often across the country. My woodstove is out there, I stumbled on them by accident. Loggers and contractors are a typical target around here for theft, lots of tools and equipment to grab.

S### happens. The rest of my life is pretty boring. Happy for that. My friends are way more odd than I.

If you are ever in WI I would be glad to share the police reports and restraining orders with you. Contact info for my relatives in Denver also. Nice people they are. Of course, thousands were in or near that theatre that week, not really a small town area there. Fox remains are no longer available I suspect.

-dave

If you are ever in WI I would be glad to share the police reports and restraining orders with you. Contact info for my relatives in Denver also. Nice people they are. Of course, thousands were in or near that theatre that week, not really a small town area there. Fox remains are no longer available I suspect.

I think you took that the wrong way..

I believe you my friend.. Thought the animal sneak attacks you spoke of were quite comical.. The thought of them brought to mind Scrappy Doo from Scoobie Doo from when I was a youngster. You know, the little dog who thought he was way bigger than he was, always going after the villian.

So what happened with the meth heads, they ever come looking for you?

Rather than pack a gun, I'd rather have a Used Dog along. He's cheery, when I toppled over backwards, he came and stood on me to help me up:) I started laughing hard which made him harder and more wiggly to push off,and he helped pack gear. He also came out of the brush--he's never far away, and only had to sit by my feet and look dog like, which encouraged the former tweaker now self proclaimed evangelist to leave. I was able to get back to work at the same place.

Gear Packin Dog0001.JPG

Is that a Trapper Keeper on the saw..? Do you remember those? They sure had some wild colors back in the 80's.. =)

I think you took that the wrong way..

I believe you my friend.. Thought the animal sneak attacks you spoke of were quite comical.. The thought of them brought to mind Scrappy Doo from Scoobie Doo from when I was a youngster. You know, the little dog who thought he was way bigger than he was, always going after the villian.

So what happened with the meth heads, they ever come looking for you?

sorry, I have to be a little defense here in logging and forestry, being not from the west coast, my bar length and all:)

the guys got another charge since then- bail jumping, which I presume means they missed a court date or condition of the court? I really don't know-

-dave

Latest posts

Back