Asking for trouble? or should I say, Help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FindingRhino

Reaction score
Sorry posted this wrong spot 1st time.

I am going to purchase an Echo CS-346 for clearing cedar, gambel oak, an such for a cabin site and access road, (ponderosa/aspen for firewood later). There will be long periods of not using the saw, week /month+ ?. My question is Whats the rightway to store/use the saw if not used on a daily bases? Leave gas in? run it out? dain?

(I'm terrible bout 2 cycle maintainance, have a Ryan Weedr 32cc used 11yrs think I cleaned the air filter once.)

If you're going to use it, say weekly, leave the gas in it, but I like to not let the gas get more than a month or two old at the least. I usually don't have gas in a saw long enough for that to happen, but if it does, after that, I'll dump the gas and put new in.

If you're storing the saw for a longer term, run it dry at idle, but you can leave the bar oil in it. There's actually a good deal of threads about saw storage on here, and tons of good reading. You might try a search on here for "storage" and you'll get all those thread, and all the good ideas and opinions therein.

Welcome to AS!

Jeff

Latest posts

Back