Australians - Watch Current Affair Friday 7 November 2008

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This look interesting! So I take it that tree service is accused of scaring old people into taking their trees down. We get that around here too. Guys in pickup trucks and other tree services drive into the city from far away and go door knocking. They tell old ladys their big nice oak is gonna fall on their house any minute. Tree is fine. They start at three thousand and end up taking off a huge limb for 400 as fast as they can and move on to the next. Here in the Minneapolis/St.paul metro most cities require tree services to be licensed to keep out of towners from door knocking. If they catch you without a license they say they can tow your trucks away. Gives all tree services a bad image.

Nice job ekka. Better be careful though, them dudes certainly look agressive,
"if you want fight me", lol. Scary looking competition though, at least tell me
you took that giant horsec#@# off for that poor old lady??

Looks like yer having some fun with this one, good luck. MDS.

Coming to the USA soon!

These guys are found throughout NZ to. In our region we have a large well organised group of them who link themselves to various samoan churches. One lot calls themselves COSAC

Heres there website, its kinda funny-branches in NZ, AUS and looking at getting into the US (yeah right).

http://www.cosac.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=38

They are big guys and push jobs on people and triple quotes once the job is done. When they did a job for one of my clients mothers they upped the price many times over and put her in there truck to take to the ATM.

Most are collecting the dole and aside from there shocking work, no safety gear they also like to have kids work for them as well. They often only take payment in cash and will make clients (or victims) write them a reference afterwards.

They have been exposed by alot of media but knock on every door in our region, but rip off enough people to make it worthwhile.
I think alot of the groups all over NZ are linked, (and the cosac site says they are) it seems strange that it seems to be samoans always doing it but no cook island, tongan, fijian, rarotongan or Nuiens involved.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back