Avocado leaf problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSeisun

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I live in San Diego, CA and the tree is about 2 years old and is a Hass avocado. all the new leaves have yellow blotches near the veins and look very unhealthy. See photos below. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
20190421_110921-jpg.731418

Attached Files:

Thank you so much. What kind of tissue test and who would do that? What should the correc soil pH be? I will add Iron. Can I do damage by adding too much iron?
Sorry to ask even more questions but I'd love to get some avocados some day.

Thank you so much. What kind of tissue test and who would do that? What should the correc soil pH be? I will add Iron. Can I do damage by adding too much iron?
Sorry to ask even more questions but I'd love to get some avocados some day.
Your local Master Gardeners should be a good place for information. They would know your local conditions and issues. Here is a link to your county Master Gardener website: https://ucanr.edu/sites/sdmastergardeners/. It includes information on testing labs. To test for iron deficiency, a tissue test for iron (checical element Fe) would be selected. If you cannot test the soil ph yourself, you could have a soil test done for that.

And sb47 is right about too much water being something to consider.

Latest posts

Back