Ax Men on History channel - tonight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, finely saw it. lol. Kinda has a OCC feel to it, high on #####ing and moaning and low on action. Reminded me of being at work so I turned it off.

Yeah, finely saw it. lol. Kinda has a OCC feel to it, high on #####ing and moaning and low on action. Reminded me of being at work so I turned it off.

Ah, now that I got a look at the show this last weekend, I are right on that one. It would be nice to watch a show like this if they would keep a lid on the complaining. I mean, if you hate your job this much, then go get another one! I for one would go someplace else if i hated my job this much.

i watched it. it's was interesting to see what's involved to make lumber and the hard work it takes. i don't envy those guys at all....it's hard work.

next time i pick up a 2 x 4, i'll remember those guys struggling in the mountains.

It's got to be tough hooking those logs together and falling on your face every two steps. Would like to see more tree falling action instead of logs going up the mountain.

Yeah...to reply to some of the other posts...tough line of work for sure. For cube-jockeys like me, I enjoyed for the moment living vicariously through this show. There is nothing I dread more than getting up Monday moring to get my piece of cheese in the cubical mouse-trap. What really impresses me is when they show the old black and white photos of the "original" loggers in the pacific northwest...thems are some seriously big trees! I laugh when people at work talk about not making too many copies of a document because of the trees. Mind you, I think it should be done responsibly, but these guys gotta eat too!

It's got to be tough hooking those logs together and falling on your face every two steps. Would like to see more tree falling action instead of logs going up the mountain.

that one guy who had half a hand....he cut several trees then the last one would drop all the others.....domino effect he called it.

one part of the job i'd have a hard time doing is topping those tall pine trees. i know some of the guys here do that, but having a few hundred pounds of wood falling back at me at 75 feet up and no where to run isn't where i'd like to be.

Yeah that guy was pretty amazing. I have a little experience climbing with spikes and that is no where I would want to be.

Yep, in an earlier episode it shows him in his shop finishing it up and wrapping some electrical tape on it then locking it on the handle of his saw. And saying he figures he should be able to run a saw with it.

Back