Bad feedback here

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing for nothing but this guy has 92% positve feedback.Guys like him are a no no. You can also file a complant with ebay. The big kicker is use paypal.

If you are asking me bill g, it was the 3750 60cc. This is when I found this great site too. My local dealer wanted $200 for the top end rebuild. So I got a new ring and gasket and cleaned up the scoring on cyc and piston myself. I had to ask alot of ? here because I did not have a clue on the ring pin, etc. I did all this with $16 total, sad part is half of that money was the shipping. Saw still runs great with the tuning I got from here and muffler mods too. So something good did come from this bad seller after all.

Last edited:
I assume you contacted the seller. What was his response ? I have had some deals go sour lately. One was a saw that was suppose to be in great running condition. It arrived covered in oil. When fueled up the fuel ran straight out the carb. Also the saw had no compression. The sellers response was it was in great running condition and that I do not know anything about saws.

Bill

Yes contacted seller and ebay. But like I noticed in the sell, it stated all sales final. But if they didnt lie about the perfect condition in the sales ad and stated no compression, scored cyc,piston etc. I wouldnt have bought it. Glad I found this area so others can be warned. I just like being told the truth, then let me make my mind up if I want to rebuild it without being forced into the rebuild. nuff said. Thanks.

scottr the seller said runs excellent,like new. How would you take that.

description

Tm , if the seller said the saw ran excellent , like new then I would think that it was a general statement not a statement of piston , ring and cylinder condition . I'm curious as to how long it ran with the muffler assembled incorrectly before it started having problems ?

I had a seller once say the saw ran fine. When I got it the impulse line was disconnected and the carb lever set so high the case filled up with gas. Luckily, in my case, once I repaired those things, saw ran like a champ.

Chris B.

Dont buy Ebay from Thechainsawguy. I bought a husky 394 that he said was in prime condition. Well, when i got it, thing was very used. I used it on a tree job a few days after buying it, and it broke down on me. So i took it to a shop and they tell me that the pistons complety skrewed. They had to rebuld the whole thing, cost me lots of money and work. I already gave chainsawguy good feadback, so when I contacted him about it, he said tuff luck cuz I already said it was good, and that I probly messed it up on the job. Well, unless its bad to use a top-of-the-line saw to cut wood . . . I couldnt get my money back, but maybe I can stop someone else from buying from him!

nevermind, got the clips today. Bill, you need to work on your mailing speed.

Last edited:
I purchased a saw on eBayware from seller budburris. He clearly said that he didn't test or work on of the saw, so it was a parts saw as I expected. His idea of packaging was to put the saw in an overused undersized cardboard box with with a small piece of bubble wrap pn the bottom of the box. The 20" bar, which I needed and was one of the reasons I purchased the saw, wasn't in the package. Budburris says he included it; I say no way a 20" bar would fit into the box. His responses were very gruff and unpleasant.

I decided to treat it as a lesson learned. I did give him a negative feedback, & he reponded likewise. Nearly every one of my positive feedbacks mentions "quick payer," so his FB is no biggie to me. I think that more buyers should be more critical in giving feedback, but I suspect that that is why eBayware only gives you 80 characters in the initial feedback, and even fewer for the buyers response to the sellers response.

If you buy from Budburris use great caution. Have you ever gone into a shop, & the owner acted as though you were bothering him? He helped you, but made it clear that he didn't really want to? That would be Budburris.

Edit: Yes, his rating was acceptable. I should go back and check it after my neg FB.

i bought four new chains from roccof, one had been used the other three were new, not a great problem but still not all new, i registered a complaint with paypal pictures included. well they ruled in his favour because he had provided shipping details, what does that have to do with wether the chains were new or not? btw he is still selling on e-bay, also selling new chainsaws. claims to be in the tree business, if your in the tree business then why would you be selling new saws and not used ones? other buyers beware.

Chris J. said:
I purchased a saw on eBayware from seller budburris. He clearly said that he didn't test or work on of the saw, so it was a parts saw as I expected. His idea of packaging was to put the saw in an overused undersized cardboard box with with a small piece of bubble wrap pn the bottom of the box. The 20" bar, which I needed and was one of the reasons I purchased the saw, wasn't in the package. Budburris says he included it; I say no way a 20" bar would fit into the box. His responses were very gruff and unpleasant.

Chris,

Do you mean budburrhus ?

Bill

Bill, I'll need to check, I think that you're correct. If so, I'll certainly correct my posts, don't want to flame the wrong person. Have you had problems with the Bud that you mentioned?

not as described

bought a 270 off ebay, supposed to be very nice saw in excellent shape, there is a crack in the top cover and the saw looks well used. have contacted seller with my concern, do i wait for his reply, (how long?) or should i just return to sender?

give him a chance to respond was there a AS IS in the description and if you can get out with just sending it back and getting you money back and only paying shipping get out also you have to factor the money lost to replacing the parts bad
Thanks
ERIK

the air filter is also missing, i checked his feedback and it is very positive, by the looks of things he buys and sells a lot of chainsaws. he never described any flaws or anything missing in the add. his disclaimer is he does not take any saws back and there is no warranty.how many days should i wait for a reply and why would i even get stuck for the shipping?

Latest posts

Back