Bailey's Compression Tester Review

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Neb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up one of Bailey's Compression Testers and thought some of you might want a review.

It is very simple to use and has a one way valve at the end of the hose where it screws into the spark plug hole. The release is at the other end next to the gauge. It also comes with an adapter that I didn't need on my saws.

It seems to be fairly accurate. All you have to do is screw it in, then pull the starter a couple of times until the needle doesn't go up any further. The best part is that it has a price of just under $25.

My saws range from a solid 150-165psi.

I would recommend it to anyone.

I just picked up one of Bailey's Compression Testers and thought some of you might want a review.

It is very simple to use and has a one way valve at the end of the hose where it screws into the spark plug hole. The release is at the other end next to the gauge. It also comes with an adapter that I didn't need on my saws.

It seems to be fairly accurate. All you have to do is screw it in, then pull the starter a couple of times until the needle doesn't go up any further. The best part is that it has a price of just under $25.

My saws range from a solid 150-165psi.

I would recommend it to anyone.

i have an 'automotive' tester with the adapters for various spark plug thread patterns. one thing i noticed is that the automotive adapter has too long of a reach into the cylinder for some of my saws(particularly my pp260) and had to cut it short and file it smooth.

are ope 4-stroke engines typically interferance type motors..... what about generators and other small motor builders(b&s, tech., honda etc)?

Back