Ban Outdoor Wood Boilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RB it isn't about the chimney. Most all of the OWB's discussed here at AS are smoke shacks that do not belong anywhere near populated areas.

I thought if the chimney was high enough it would go over the surrounding houses. It also probably good to plan you OWB location so that no houses are immediately downwind.

Dan, do you feel cigarette smoking should be banned as well?

I would say yes. If I had my way they would be forced to live with those who ask endless streams of stupid questions.:)

Don't get mad Dan. It just seems you're big on banning stuff. Dan the Banner!

this crap with banning everything because of a few reckless a$$holes is getting out of control.all of you who want to be PC police need to move to canada or france.this is AMERICA and we want it back!take your welfare and gangbangers with you.

Maybe you heard about this story had a guy suing his neighbor because his flagpole would make noise when it was windy what IS happening to our mother land pal is pacifist teaching kids at an early age all this B,S Lets start a revolution i see one coming anyway they say the country is split50/50 don't believe it pal we got-em outnumbered....they just get the media and hollywood sorry about the rant just pisses me off.God bless The U.S:cheers:

i'd be glad to fight along side you.

being in KY you have no idea how bad it really is out there.i'm in CT and it is living proof that liberals have know idea what they are doing or talking about.what a bunch of hypocrits. i can't wait to get back to good 'ol tennessee.make fun of southerners all you want but northerners are completely out of their minds!

and i was born in michigan before you start.

WOW! what an excellent idea using huge hot water tanks to store excess heat.

I can believe that the epa. will get enough complaints to look into outdoor furnaces/boilers. 2 years ago in Quebec we had a winter smog advisory. cold air up high was pushing down on all the emissions they say mostly from woodstoves. They cracked down the following year and all new stoves now have to have an effiancy rating and an emmissins rating. I just completed a new house for myself. I feared the future of outdoor heaters until I discoverd a unit form TarmU.S.A. (www.woodboilers.com) I can heat my home and domestic hot water for 24 hrs. on 2 armloads of dry 20in. hardwood. there is very little emissions because you burn the boiler wide open, and the excess heat is stored in a 680 gallon water tank in my basement. After the fire goes out the pumps take the heated water from the tank and circulate it through the floor . I only need to monitor tank temp. to see when I need another firing. very sweet system

WOW! what an excellent idea using huge hot water tanks to store excess heat.

Yes, Until you see the price of the Tarm system AND the water storage tank. Not to mention you have to cut the wood quite small to fit into the Tarm boiler which translates to more work. :dizzy:

Back