Bandit 100 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrHerrman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a Bandit 100 for sale, year 1990 with 4000 hours. The engine is a 4 cyl cummins and the machine will apparently chip 10" logs. I have been in the market for a larger chipper but I am not familar with the bandit. Right now I have a 6" chipper and I feel like I am ready to get something larger. So I have some general questions. Thanks for your time.

-How is the 100 to work with? (how large of limbs will it actually take?)

-Is 4000 hours too much for this machine?

-About how much would this machine weigh?

-What would this machine be worth?

-What is the difference between the 100 and the 150?

-If you could do it over would you buy an older, larger chipper or a newer, smaller chipper?(I do not plan on investing more than $10K)

I found a Bandit 100 for sale, year 1990 with 4000 hours. The engine is a 4 cyl cummins and the machine will apparently chip 10" logs. I have been in the market for a larger chipper but I am not familar with the bandit. Right now I have a 6" chipper and I feel like I am ready to get something larger. So I have some general questions. Thanks for your time.

-If you could do it over would you buy an older, larger chipper or a newer, smaller chipper?(I do not plan on investing more than $10K)

bandit so far have been the easiest for me to work on.

and 4000 hours is alot if everything is original bearings and odds and ends might start going bad.

it should weight less than 5000 pounds

as far as worth at its age hours and size i cant be sure but i would say between 4-8 grand i know thats a wide range but i dunno exactly what kinda condition.

the difference between the models is usually HP and infeed opening size wich includes bigger rollers and what not.

as far as it being able to chip 10 inch if the hp is decent it probably will.

my 12 inch bandit does 12 inch just fine.

If your going to be using this for a tree service buisness I would say walk away, to many hours, single roller feed ect.

Latest posts

Back