Bandit 65XL chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just another update to the thread. Thanks Nelson for bumping it (-:

I still own the machine which still only has around 350 hrs on it, the reason for the low hours is I stack and chip rather than leaving the machine running.

The machine hasn't been modified with the weld on roller blades because it was a huge inconvenience for me to travel up to the uk bandits dealer site to have it done and would have cost me two days work.

Since the machine has been run in a little it doesn't jam as much but it still does jam, or it could be that I have just got used to the machine and feed it differently ?. I find leaving the trap under the roller full, helps not hinders.

I haven't been put off bandit despite this, I still know they are a robust machine and would buy another, however I am disappointed that bandit industries thought I was insignificant enough to not bother responding to my emails, despite sending them three emails.

Very poor service

My machine is very well looked after, serviced regularly and sharpened regularly, I do find that the blades have to be razor sharp for it to perform well. Even slightly dull blades make a significant difference to performance.

Back