Bandit Model 2900 stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oly's Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these machines? Just wanted to find out whats good and or bad about this machine. I have had 7 Rayco's and never tried any other make. I like Rayco but I seem interested in using a track machine! Please Respond!

How about a Vermeer track machine? What size air compressor do you use in the back of your truck-saw your other post.

I believe its a 5 hp honda motor and I bought it five years ago at Menards. Works great...starts right up all the time...using an impact sure makes teeth changes quick and easy.

Oly...On average ,how often you change teeth? Do you change the whole set at once or just a few? I have about 50 hours on my 352 and will be changing teeth soon. I here they are a ????? to change, especially the first time. Any hints on when one should change teeth?

On average I would say I change some of the teeth on a machine every other day. It all depends on what type items you hit with them. Smaller rocks really don't dull the teeth bad but when you start hitting iron and those large harder type rock is when the teeth dull. Its mostly the cutters (teeth furthest to the outter cutter wheel) that you change. You want to keep those teeth sharp as possible. Sometimes you can get away with grinding certain type of tree stumps with dull teeth. In my area we have a large amount of soft silver maple trees that are mounded with exposed roots. Those are the stumps that you really need the sharp teeth. That silver maple for some reason is harder to grind. I would rather grind oak and other hard woods any day than those silver maples.

Anybody have any comments about this track grinder or any track grinder? I know Bandit is new in the stump grinder manufacturing does any body have a Bandit grinder that has comments good or bad?

Back