Bandsaw leveling jacks mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechknhwk

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I saw some pics of this somewhere else, so I thought I'd give it a go. I cut the stupid screw posts that are supposed to level the mill off the brackets that attach to the rails then had these trailer or RV jacks welded onto the brackets then painted it all to match the jacks. Turned out pretty nice and works awesome. I can jack the mill right off my trailer hitch and pull the wheels without even doing that retarded drop the tongue winch and winch up the rear end procedure that is in the manual. I can also level it in about 5 minutes instead of running around the mill with 4x4 blocks and a ratchet trying to get it to setup right. Plus it's at a nice working height:rock:

normal_102411_033.jpg

normal_102411_034.jpg

normal_102411_035.jpg

How long is your bed? A lil tip, unbolt the handles off your jacks and grab an old deepwell socked and drill a hole to accept a clip pin, and use a cordless drill to raise and lower your jacks..........even faster than what you have going now!

and a lil norwood rep going your way, ah crap out of bullets

I don't know if user 'Typhoon' has any pictures of his leveling setup on here or not, but send him a PM and he will probably snap a photo of his. He has a pretty slick design using a 3/4" or 19mm socket, it is a piece of angle iron bolted to the side, with a nut welded to the angle on top of a hole with a bolt (3/4" head) on top, he uses a socket on a cordless impact to level it up. On the bottom of the bolt he has a Cedar block under each leveling leg with a 1" hole bored into it for the bolt to rest so it will not move or slide. he can rough level (if on really uneven ground) with added blocks under his cedar.
Not saying your idea is bad but with his there is no handle to turn and it really is a great design.

Typhoon: http://www.arboristsite.com/member.php?u=3806

What are you using for ramps?

I have been using a couple of 4x4's

I have trouble holding the log while I take another bite with the hook.
I usually end up holding it with my knee.

I use a come along, tied to a tree, to par-buckle the big ones on but its slow going.

View attachment 205875

I have the log loading kit with the metal ramps and the catilever arm and winch. I have not used the arm and winch yet. When I have had huge logs there has been someone else around to run the other cant hook.

Latest posts

Back