Bar adjuster screw for Homelite 550

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaisedByWolves

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bar adjuster screw for Homelite 550 wanted.

I need the screw that the barpin rides on. I would consider buying an entire parts saw if nessary.

Thanks!

Is this for your $55 550? Man if it is you got it fast! Must be a good eBay seller. A-12746 is used on 450, 550, 650 and 750s. It a shame its not the same part as on the 350/360 since these are easy to come by. I wish I could say I have a spare, but truth is I could use a couple of these myself.

Best of luck finding the part,
Dan

Hey, thanks for the part# my IPL is terable!

You wouldnt know where to get a ledgible IPL would you?

And yes this is the $55 saw, very clean with break your wrist compression! I can actually say this is the first saw that I feel needs one that didnt some with one.

I could also use a set of dogs for this, are these the same between these saws?

Glad to hear you got a great deal! If you'll send me an email address, I'll send you an IPL. Its a pdf and is close to 4 MB. Let me know if you'd like an IPL for the 45, 650, or 750 too.

Dan

Real nice saw!

Put a new fule line in last night and she fired on the 5th pull from empty.

These things scream, I cant wait to get the tensioner fixed so I can get it in some wood.

Ill PM you my Email.

Thanks.

There are some great sponsors here that should have one. If a sponsor does not have one I will see if I can track one down here. If you need printed IPL's let me know.

Bill

You're welcome. Again, I have many Homelite IPLs that either have been scanned or downloaded, so if you or anyone else needs one, please ask and I'll gladly share with the ones I have. Please let us know your impression when you try out the 550!

Dan

Well that may be sooner than I thought.

I was able to do a repair on the adjusting screw today and I think it turned out OK, but only time will tell. I figured I could just turn a screw on the grinder and press out the old screw from the gear and press in my new one and it would be like new.

I have know idea how they fixed the origonal screwinto thegear at the factory, but let me tell you what, it wasnt about to be pressed out.

I wound up drilling it out and pressing the new screw in, and its not too bad. It will at least let me put a bar on the saw so I can run it.

Im sure Ill posr the obligatory "I LOVE THIS SAW" Thread once I get to make some cuts with it.

Mabye even do a comparason with the 925......

Screw

I will check my parts as I have several small homlite parts still in the package.Let ya know by tommorrow!

Latest posts

Back