Bar and chain combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJLOGGER

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are the woodsman and carlton bar and chain combos that Baily's sell any good. I was looking the other day and saw some for $19.99, I believe that was for 16" with a chisel chain. If they are good that is a heck of a deal.

Sorry for only a 3rd post amateur reply, but the chain is round chisel made by Carlton. I had one loop in .325 and the chips were really flying, until I rocked it out bad on a rock grown into an urban stump. I went with the 16" Forest-Champ bar in .325, titanium made by GB(at Bailey's) which all you experts seem to approve of. I approve too for $16!, athough I thought perhaps titanium would be lighter, must just have a tad alloyed in? Anyone have any thoughts on the Carlton Pro-Champ titanium bars Bailey's has? I'm contemplating those for the 357xp in the hands of fedex!

Hey thanks Pablo for the reply, I'm glad you had good luck, I will probably go ahead and order a set. I figure for $19.99 even if it sucks I'm not out a bundle.

Yeah that sucks for me. The bar they have on sale I wanted was the 28" for stihl, but they are sold out. They had some really good deals on some of their bars.

It looks like there are still Windsor 28" bars for $50. Are those any good?
I'm looking at the Carlton pro-champ 18 vs 20"(3/8) Any opinions on bailey's discount bars and/or 18 vs 20" for a 357xp? My only other saw is the trusty 1994 stock 026, which will sport the 16. Is the carlton made by GB the same as the GB brand folks seem to like?

Latest posts

Back