Bar length vs max rpm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrx

Reaction score
Im relatively new to this... so bare with me. I'm just tuning up my echo cs355t which came with a 16" bar. The manual states max rpm is between 13800 and 14500 with 14" bar. Is there a "rule of thumb" with bar sizing and max rpm or a calculator somewhere im not aware of? Dont want to over work or cook this little thing. Sorry if this has been answered before... I have no clue what to search up when I was searching

Im relatively new to this... so bare with me. I'm just tuning up my echo cs355t which came with a 16" bar. The manual states max rpm is between 13800 and 14500 with 14" bar. Is there a "rule of thumb" with bar sizing and max rpm or a calculator somewhere im not aware of? Dont want to over work or cook this little thing. Sorry if this has been answered before... I have no clue what to search up when I was searching
The main thing is that it four strokes out of the wood and cleans up as soon as it goes into the wood.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The max RPM for my automobile is 6,000. I am changing from 14 inch tires to 15 inch tires. What is the new max RPM? Is there a chart for this? Is there a "rule of thumb"? I have been searching but not found anything. I wonder why?

The max RPM for my automobile is 6,000. I am changing from 14 inch tires to 15 inch tires. What is the new max RPM? Is there a chart for this? Is there a "rule of thumb"? I have been searching but not found anything. I wonder why?
A little harsh Rupedoggy, don’t you think? Welcome Mrx. Yeah, pay closer attention to the engine sound that chain speed like ammoaddict stated.

Glad you are reading your manual. Fools throw them away. Their the folks with missing body parts. Keep reading, thinking, and asking questions. Acquire and use good PPE. Stay safe friend

Latest posts

Back