Bar Tender Please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks expensive. Never bent a bar myself but it seems the tool may cost many times the cost of just replacing the bar.

It’s mainly for doing harvester bars at 32” long they’re roughly 100 each, our last machine ran 3/4 bar and chain the was roughly the same length they were 4 times the price.
c7628df1225113c1e7904e9850b8b629.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with the vise is you can’t hold the bar in 2 places and apply pressure in between. You also can’t go beyond center at the bend allowing the steel to relax back afterwards.
Actually I can with my 24" end vise and three 6" lengths of hardwood:
Bending a bar.JPG For a deeper bend I just use thicker lengths and/or change the distance between them.

had to straighten a bar the other day after riveting a new nose on. put the bar on a 2x4 in the hydraulic press. minimal effort on my part.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to straighten low-end consumer laminated bars? I have one that has a small (<1/4") bow along the whole length of the bar. I have tried the wood block and clamp method and have gone considerably past straight in the opposite direction but the bar always just springs back to its bowed shape. This must be much easier to do on solid bars.

Latest posts

Back