• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Bars and Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Curry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to rearrange my bar and chain inventory. These are the ones I don't really use or no longer have a need for. The Cannon has only been used for 1 test cut. I'd keep that one if I could get it converted to run on my 880. I'd rather pay/trade for this service from an expert with better tools rather than attempt it myself.

Shipping included to lower 48. All chains probably need sharpening.

50" Cannon .063, 3/8+404 tips (currently 3/8), 3003 mount - $275 or trade for 3002 mount (conversion?) NLA
50" Oregon 75JGX (3/8 skip), I forget how many DL but it fits and has made 1 clean test cut - $40 NLA

32" Stihl ES 3/8 .050 105DL bar, 3003 mount, light use - $80
32" Stihl RS chain, 85% - $20

20" Husqvarna 3/8 .058 72DL bar, 92 (small?) mount, ugly but hanging in there - $20
20" Husqvarna chain, 50%, +
20" Oregon chain, 10% - $10/pair

20" Stihl E 3/8 .050 72DL bar, 3003 mount, sprocket turns but it's slightly bent - $25. I'll accept a return on this one (within a couple weeks) - send it back and I'll refund you. SOLD
20" Oregon 3/8 .050 72DL chain, 95% - $15 SOLD

I also have about 20' or so of Oregon 72LGX (3/8 .050) + boxes and tie straps. I could spin loops any size or sell in bulk. Send a PM and well figure out a reasonable price. SOLD

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_4634.JPG
    IMG_4634.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4635.JPG
    IMG_4635.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4636.JPG
    IMG_4636.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4637.JPG
    IMG_4637.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4638.JPG
    IMG_4638.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4639.JPG
    IMG_4639.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4640.JPG
    IMG_4640.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
A buddy of mine just gave me a 1/4" end mill, which I can chuck into my router. Suddenly I have a lot more confidence in my tooling in skills. So I've decided I'm going to keep the Cannon bar and take a stab at modifying it myself. I've updated the original ad and marked the items which are no longer available.

Still available:

32" Stihl ES bar + RS chain
Husqy bar + chains

Well I can't crank it down that low. It's carbide. I've got a sacrificial 20" makita to test it out on. The cannon might go up for sale again if that doesn't work out.

You would do better chucking it in a drill press, or asking your buddy for help. If you screw up that slot, it will likely be worth a lot less.

There are a few members here on AS with metalworking skills -might be worth shipping it to them, or paying a local shop?

Philbert

A buddy of mine just gave me a 1/4" end mill, which I can chuck into my router. Suddenly I have a lot more confidence in my tooling in skills. So I've decided I'm going to keep the Cannon bar and take a stab at modifying it myself. I've updated the original ad and marked the items which are no longer available.

Still available:

32" Stihl ES bar + RS chain
Husqy bar + chains
The tail of a 3003 bar is to narrow to reach the oiler holes on the 3002 mount saws. IE: cutting the hole open won't make the bar work on 14mm mount saws!

Don't ruin that bar!!!

The tail of a 3003 bar is to narrow to reach the oiler holes on the 3002 mount saws. IE: cutting the hole open won't make the bar work on 14mm mount saws!

Don't ruin that bar!!!

Dangit... You're right, looks like the top of the oil hole would land outside the edge of the bar. Is there no way to make it work? Let's get creative here. The tail is shorter too - how about shifting the groove towards the nose end a bit? You can't tell me nobody has done this successfully.

I'm pretty sure someone on here mentioning cutting off the tapered tail and re-drilling in the wider part of the bar. Of course length is lost and it's more work. I will look for that thread and post the link.

EDIT - Can't find anything on that using the search. Maybe it was a dream but I'd swear it was on here somewhere......

I know this thread was marked SOLD, but got back in town today and bar and chain from Shawn was waiting by the back door for me. Deal was easy as could be and communication was great! Great guy to deal with! Thanks again.

Kroll

Back