Base gasket delete 028 super?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie294life

Brush Popper and Amateur Tree Butcher
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just reassembled my saw with a used head gasket, it’s sucking air. I don’t have another head gasket, but I have some yamabond and some anaerobic sealer laying around. I’m thinking about doing a delete with the yamabond. Should I coat both the cylinder and case with a thin coat or just the case? How long after applying sealer should I wait before torquing the head bolts, and before placing the cylinder and case back together?

I just reassembled my saw with a used head gasket, it’s sucking air. I don’t have another head gasket, but I have some yamabond and some anaerobic sealer laying around. I’m thinking about doing a delete with the yamabond. Should I coat both the cylinder and case with a thin coat or just the case? How long after applying sealer should I wait before torquing the head bolts, and before placing the cylinder and case back together?

I would check the squish on it before you just go and remove the gasket. Some saws I have worked on only had 10 thousands squish without the gasket and that is too tight for me. After you delete the gasket be sure to pressure and vacuum test it for leaks

Im not a fan of deleting gaskets. Just my 2 cents. But if your going to do it, get some sand paper and a large perfectly flat surface. Set the sand paper down and work the base until it's perfect.

I'm in the YB4 for a gasket camp here. I think in the last year I've used one, and that was only because I was building a loaner saw with a less than perfect top end that I thought may need to come apart. Damn thing runs great lol.

Im not a fan of deleting gaskets. Just my 2 cents. But if your going to do it, get some sand paper and a large perfectly flat surface. Set the sand paper down and work the base until it's perfect.
I just went with it and did it. Used the finger method (real scientific) on the base only, and torqued the head down to spec. using blue. Let everything setup two days, ran it for a little bit 2x before shutting it off. Went back and checked torque on head bolts...good. Leak and vac test......passed. Fingers crossed.

I just went with it and did it. Used the finger method (real scientific) on the base only, and torqued the head down to spec. using blue. Let everything setup two days, ran it for a little bit 2x before shutting it off. Went back and checked torque on head bolts...good. Leak and vac test......passed. Fingers crossed.
I did also sand the base down as smooth as I could get it with and emery board...so thanks for that.

Back