372 xt - Is there any hope or did I buy the wrong saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be. I hate to be negative but I am smelling some foul stench here. I would love to hear where he heard that about the saw. He seems not to have any experience with it. As I type this I am looking at a 372 that is no "dog" and I have had many others that were not either.
The internet is full of mis information these days and guys line Harvey is spreading so much of it, there are others also with their You Tube channels just throwing stinky sticky stuff up on the screen to get the unknowing to click on and watch their drivel. Seen it on the net got to be true.

This used to be a decent site when I joined 14 years ago. Sad to see it straining; but I understand why now. Too many pride filled self righteous bullies with their panties in a bunch; looking in the mirror seeing a troll and smelling their own dirty diapers. No worries, people are people and many are stunted arm chair experts. Thank you folks who tried to help. It is always an honor to meet decent helpful people. Those 14 years ago were huge and there were many great folks who helped with manuals. Anyway, even the trollsters who smell their own stench ... nothing personal; though it is amusing watching grade school bullies attempt to cause offense. You would do well to get counselling. Just saying ...
I have been here over 22 years....much longer than you. I do not remember you at all. That is fine because folks get forgotten and the length of time does not matter but your attitude is quite negative. Right from your first post you came off negative and ill-informed. I did my best to try to see where it was you were getting your info from and you were quite rude.

Tough to help folks such as that

The internet is full of mis information these days and guys line Harvey is spreading so much of it, there are others also with their You Tube channels just throwing stinky sticky stuff up on the screen to get the unknowing to click on and watch their drivel. Seen it on the net got to be true.
Indeed! I watch and learn and ask questions. This has been very helpful. I was hoping to get more insight and skillful people sharing. Youtube does have some very professional folks however. Thos links and suggestions would be helpful. The guys with graphs (dyno's?) and clean organized shops and proven data are out there. Thanks for your reply!

I have been here over 22 years....much longer than you. I do not remember you at all. That is fine because folks get forgotten and the length of time does not matter but your attitude is quite negative. Right from your first post you came off negative and ill-informed. I did my best to try to see where it was you getting your info from and you were quite rude.

Tough to help folks such as that

Wasn't rude at all "you chose to read that into my statements" ... If I am seeking info and a person starts an argumentative combative line; I won't bite at all. I am here to gain info and knowledge on projects.

I did not even know anything about Harvey til maybe 6 months ago. I spent a few minutes watching and it was like a comedy show. The "mean mugging" son was a real hoot. Big internet tough guy.

I wish the OP the best........... but man just drop the attitude

"you were quite rude" = not true at all.

I honestly had watched numbers of videos that folks were "de-strato-ing" (if I understand that right and some complaints. Perhaps it "was" the older models before Husky worked it all out as you say. Either way ... people are people and the web cannot properly contain "attitude" or intent well. It was not my intent to be rude in any way ... just when I ask for help and a person deflects and demonstrates "different than what I am asking" then ... they demonstrate an agenda "different than what knowledge I am seeking". I am sure you are helpful to others ... which is good ... but not to me in this situation. Never expected anything ... just "relearning" so I can approach my new saws to build.

I did not even know anything about Harvey til maybe 6 months ago. I spent a few minutes watching and it was like a comedy show. The "mean mugging" son was a real hoot. Big interne tough guy.

There is no attitude but what "you choose to read into it" - I just don't play games and asked questions for performance increase. I really should have approached it differently however; and simply NOT stated any value of the "saw" at all ... but simply asked questions more direct to performance. Again ... had no intent nor attitude ... just learning and getting ready to work on all my saws. Thank you for any input of value that you may have contributed.

While you say all that, look in the mirror. You were asked an innocent question. And then immediately went off.

The xt is a good saw. The early ones, no. But Husky got them sorted.

"You were asked an innocent question" = not the truth
"And then immediately went off" = not the truth

I asked a simple question right from the git go. I asked where you heard what you stated. You copped an attitude. That was your decision. In my opinion you will not get much help here like that but hell I am wrong daily. I thought it rain this morning.

I did not even know anything about Harvey til maybe 6 months ago. I spent a few minutes watching and it was like a comedy show. The "mean mugging" son was a real hoot. Big interne tough guy.

Harvey is teaching them to dislike Forum Guys, has said so many times on his Tin Pony YouTube channel. This all started after the incident where he stole the ported Husqvarna P&C that Randy had did up for a customer, Harvey got a hold of it and just up and claimed the cylinder was out of round, was worthless and stuck a cheapass China cylinder back on the saw and claimed it ran better than a ported OEM one, he then refused to return the ported P&C to its owner.

"you were quite rude" = not true at all.

I honestly had watched numbers of videos that folks were "de-strato-ing" (if I understand that right and some complaints. Perhaps it "was" the older models before Husky worked it all out as you say. Either way ... people are people and the web cannot properly contain "attitude" or intent well. It was not my intent to be rude in any way ... just when I ask for help and a person deflects and demonstrates "different than what I am asking" then ... they demonstrate an agenda "different than what knowledge I am seeking". I am sure you are helpful to others ... which is good ... but not to me in this situation. Never expected anything ... just "relearning" so I can approach my new saws to build.
Removing the strato feature is a hack move.
If you really want an OE 372 xp swap the cylinder out.
Stop watching YT with the expectation you will learn anything... the information there is garbage in almost all cases.

Harvey is teaching them to dislike Forum Guys, has said so many times on his Tin Pony YouTube channel. This all started after the incident where he stole the ported Husqvarna P&C that Randy had did up for a customer, Harvey got a hold of it and just up and claimed the cylinder was out of round, was worthless and stuck a cheapass China cylinder back on the saw and claimed it ran better than a ported OEM one, he then refused to return the ported P&C to its owner.

It is good to find these things out ... I had watched a few of his videos ... so the critique is most helpful. I do NOT like people who cheat others. NOT OK.

Removing the strato feature is a hack move.
If you really want an OE 372 xp swap the cylinder out.
Stop watching YT with the expectation you will learn anything... the information there is garbage in almost all cases.

Hence my asking questions in here and "hoping" to bypass any conflict and get to business. I should have been more prepared and simple with my questions. Haven't been on any forum for years and "forgot" how they can tend to be. ty for your input.

I asked a simple question right from the git go. I asked where you heard what you stated. You copped an attitude. That was your decision. In my opinion you will not get much help her like that but hell I am wrong daily. I thought it rain this morning.

"Reading into" what a person is thinking ... just doesn't work on the web. (Or for that matter most dialog) I am here for info, learning, knowledge from the more skilled and "currently working on saws" crowd. I haven't for over a decade. "IF" a person presents an argumentative stance to my seeking info or knowledge ... "THEN" I ignore them. I am here for info. However with that said ... Yeah ... I should have posted my OP very differently ... I can see how the way I put it could stir up folks. My apologies for that. I did it "news story" style so as to get quicker response ... not a good idea. I needed the responses for performance improvement and should have kept it simple. Hindsight ... I am wrong regularly as well. (Too regularly)

It is good to find these things out ... I had watched a few of his videos ... so the critique is most helpful. I do NOT like people who cheat others. NOT OK.
I can suggest one tid bit of information that will be very helpful to you in the future, do not watch YouTube video`s and think they are the whole truth, they are not. The forum guys really know stuff about saws, they are on here voluntarily, do not make money from YouTube click bait setups on here and will share knowledge with those that are respectful. Those with an attitude will be kicked into a corner and beaten with a wet sock.

"Those with an attitude will be kicked into a corner and beaten with a wet sock" Excellent and made me laugh. Yeah ... I should have done my OP much tighter and to the point. Good training though. Haven't been in a forum for over a decade ... I will tune up and be more in my lane now. TY! I am here to learn from actual "skilled" folks and youtube clickbait is the real alligator pit. Misinformation etc.

I do not remember it when it happened but I remember in came to a head again awhile ago. That is when I saw one or two of the goofy guys videos. I never watched any you tube before but now with just a old antennae I do not get much TV and what it is is junk I watch some you tube. I have an Android TV so I can watch you tube on there. I am amazed at some of the stupid videos. Guys down south drive around claiming to find old dozers and skidders abandon in the woods for 20 years. They use a couple batteries and fire them up on the old diesel in the tank. Complete bullpucky but people eat it up.

What are the specific issues you are having?

Right now I am pretty set. Got an adjustment to be in my lane better. Got some solid warning that I was able to research about IH on Youtube. Saving me from royally messing up the crank and piston balance on my saws that are coming.

I'm still wanting to ad Muffler Mods to my saws but am still unsure as to their benefit except for Egans proofed 28% gain for the Echo CS-2511. So I just bought his pipe. I am gona see if it matches the holes and right exit for the 5+ 25cc Zenoah clones I have that I use for limbing and to keep in the car for mountain drives.

I spent some time with a pro builder today in person who has been porting back to the 70's. Great and helpful man! He set me strait on pretty much everything my recent "discovery posts" were trying to ferret out.

So I am down to gasket delete, polishing intakes, maybe some widening a few areas without effecting any timing and muffler mods. (Each per saw choice will be different. I will study the specifics and have more educated questions then.)

Picked up a cheap Chinese Cylinder and Piston to study just what I can do for "work saw" performance and practice with before my 372xt saws get here.

Other than that I'm doing good; feel I have got good counsel and can do a game plan. Organizing all my tools and all saw stuff so I can hit each project without trying to find all my old gear I packed away.

I would like to find a reasonably priced Muffler mod that has proven 15%+ performance gain ... for the 372xt.

Really learn why (other than heat dissipation) what makes one better than another. No pipes for the big saws ... but likely want to have them for the little saws or muffler mod for the medium sized saws.

OR - learn to silver solder and braze all the mufflers myself. (I bought a few spares of them as well, so I can make my own muffler mods)

Latest posts

Back