BC625a bed knife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griff93

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to adjust the bed knife on my BC625a today. I haven't adjusted it since I've had the machine. I knew it needed it but the bolts were seized into the bed knife. Every time I've been touching up the knives I've been soaking them down from the top side with some PB blaster. I also didn't want to make the chipper unusable while we were busy. I knew the front was rounded off and the gap was way to big. It was somewhere around 1/4." When I took it apart I found the bed knife in two pieces. Where's the best place to get one? My online searching hasn't turned anything up.

There is no way that should have broke. How many hours do you have on it?
The only place to get Vermeer knives is from the dealer. They are all proprietary.

There is no way that should have broke. How many hours do you have on it?
The only place to get Vermeer knives is from the dealer. They are all proprietary.

I did some more searching. Apparently the knife source makes an anvil for the BC935 but no luck on the BC625. Guess I'll be calling the Vermeer dealer Monday morning. I have no idea on the hours as the meter was broken before I bought the machine. It has another crack on the back side of the anvil where the broken out bolt hole is. I tossed around the idea of welding it back together for right this second but I'm afraid it might crack and end up in the chipper knives.

Well the part only ended up being $88 plus shipping. Sounded like a deal to me vs trying to weld this one back together.

Back