beat on the ole 455 again today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was me a year and some months ago. Unbelievable what gets recommended to cut a few cords per year. Until I found this site, I had no idea that nothing less than a 70cc saw would do as soon as the wood was over 16". I got along for a couple years with a 42cc Craftsman and cut wood way bigger.

Yeah for years I cut 5+ cords a year with 40cc craftsman saws, then I got the 268 a couple years ago and was in total awe of the av, cutting speed, ease of maintenance, etc.

I had one and it was the teeny weeny tank that used to annoy me!
It would hot start ok as long as i never used the de-comp.
I just wish when i bought it i had paid the little extra and bought a 357XP which was the saw i wanted in the first place.
A 357XP is $300 cheaper than a MS361 in the UK

That was me a year and some months ago. Unbelievable what gets recommended to cut a few cords per year. Until I found this site, I had no idea that nothing less than a 70cc saw would do as soon as the wood was over 16". I got along for a couple years with a 42cc Craftsman and cut wood way bigger.

I thought I was running a "big" saw after I bought that 350. Ignorance is bliss. It filled the truck with firewood in a reasonable amount of time and that's all that mattered. Ah, the good old days.
Dok

Back