bedliners

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next pick-up truck I get I shall have it lined out with aluminium chequer plate,there are a few firms over here the make the liners to measure.

I put a $25 1/4"-thick rubber bed mat in my truck. Factory second (can't hardly tell). Easy to take in/out and clean if necessary. Won't wear through and most items slide on it enough when you need to move them but won't shift or slide while driving.
I don't haul gravel daily with my truck but it's had it share of heavy items and the bed mat has made it much easier on the truck. Plus it is really easy on the knees.
This is just a suggestion if you need to be on the cheap side instead of spending $250 or more.

Proj Eng said:
I put a $25 1/4"-thick rubber bed mat in my truck. Factory second (can't hardly tell). Easy to take in/out and clean if necessary. Won't wear through and most items slide on it enough when you need to move them but won't shift or slide while driving.
I don't haul gravel daily with my truck but it's had it share of heavy items and the bed mat has made it much easier on the truck. Plus it is really easy on the knees.
This is just a suggestion if you need to be on the cheap side instead of spending $250 or more.

That's what I have. I have hauled engines,motorcycles/mowers,wood,rocks,sheet metal, junk,sand,horse apples,dirty diapers,drunken chicks,couches,tables,all my wife's crap and more without a problem. If I bought a new one, I would go this route and nothing else.

I've had both types. I currently have a spray on and I like it better. If I am hauling stuff that might dent or scratch the floor, a 4X8 sheet of 3/8 plyboard is more than adequate protection. I got a couple of dents in the wheelwell section, but it doesn't bother me. The pickup bed is double walled, and as long as I don't have dents on the shiny side, all is good.

My toyota (recently sold) had an OEM toyota drop in liner. It worke well, very durable, but did scuff the paint underneath. The truck was an 89' model and it still wasn't all the way through.

My current truck, a 94' F-250 has a very thick Rino liner (1/4-3/8"). This seems quite durable, I've not managed to hurt it yet. I've carried a ~500lbs wood stove and that just scuffed it a little, but nothing bad. Wood doesn't seem an issue at all. A frind just got his truck Line-X'd and the coating looks very nice, but his is very thin, no more than an 1/8" at most. Seems more like a heavy duty paint than an actual liner.

From what I've seen a good drop in liner provides more dent protection than a spray in, but otherwise a spray in seems prefferable. For my useage denting the bed isn't a concern, but if I were using it to haul wood or rocks all day every day I'd get a spray in liner and then I'd put a drop in liner on top of that for good measure I suppose.

Freaking stang, I went gas, the 6.0. 12-14 was about what I was figuring.

Really appreciate the info and advice from everyone. Thanks.

Traded in the old truck this morning and for sh!ts and giggles I asked the dealer to pull the bedliner. The paint was scratched with very light rust here and there, mostly near the tailgate area, but no structural integrity issues. Spoke to the local rhino guy who wanted $600, nearest linex guy was 1 1/2 hrs away. Ended up w/ another duraliner for $229 installed.

New truck?

Just for giggles:
Drive it like ya stole it. Toss in a huge load of wood, and scrape the trees on the way out. drag bottom a few times as well. After a decent flogging for a few days, the new truck feeling will fade away. Then you can use the truck like a truck, not worry about little dings, dents, and scratches.

Okay, maybe not quite that extreem. My wood hauler has a even covering of bark, sawdust, small slivers of wood. It gets swept out once in awhile.

Other truck came with a large rubber mat. It actually works pretty well. It will soften the blows, and keeps things from sliding around much.

I would not spend the bucks worrying about the condition of a truck bed.
My 2 cents worth.
-Pat

My wife worked next to a rhino shop for a year or so. I never realized what all they did with that stuff. people brought in sections of docks to be sprayed, snowmobile trailers, sandrails, sheets of plywood for various uses, he even had prototype jeeps brought in to be sprayed. Its not just for truckbeds!

My brother sprayed Rhino for a couple years, it's a crappy product in his opinion, but as Topnotch said, he sprayed some cool stuff, an 88 cherokee for example, the truck rotted out underneath, but the rhino stayed,

he's also done foam furniture with it, quite comfy.

I'd go with line - x

Latest posts

Back