Been here a year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rx7man

Cattle Rubbing Post
Reaction score
Well, been here a year.. and I've doubled my saw inventory already I think.. I had 2 running L65's, now I have 3, and another that just needs a fuel line to make 4... a husky 61 that needs a couple minor things, the Manhattan project '277', and the Ford O&R minisaw.. Oh, and a basketfull of busted strato poulans.

I've learned a heck of a lot from y'all

Figured I should say thank you for the knowledge you've shared!

I found this place working on my 026 the only saw I had and needed! Now I still have the 026 and about 30 more runners that I don't need lol!!

You have way too much spare time on your hands. The CAD problem will go away if you get involved in the political/religious forum here.

haha.. there's a PILE of old saws I could have for free.. bunch of pioneers and macs I think.. some real funky stuff that I wouldn't want to cut any wood with!. If I have antiques, I like them to be useful.. Our Allis HD6 is one, the little Ford O&R saw is neat and it's handy.

Here's the pile of saws my buddy has... he had about 50 more but sold them, and some nut (must be on here somewhere) drove out here from saskatchewan or manitoba to pick them up! (so I figure the remaining ones aren't very valuable)
20150909_152935sm.jpg

haha.. there's a PILE of old saws I could have for free.. bunch of pioneers and macs I think.. some real funky stuff that I wouldn't want to cut any wood with!. If I have antiques, I like them to be useful.. Our Allis HD6 is one, the little Ford O&R saw is neat and it's handy.

Here's the pile of saws my buddy has... he had about 50 more but sold them, and some nut (must be on here somewhere) drove out here from saskatchewan or manitoba to pick them up! (so I figure the remaining ones aren't very valuable)
View attachment 452625

All I can say is that guy overlooked a lot of potential. Maybe he had limitations or not enough room to take more but if he was a collector he missed out on some fairly pricy parts.

View attachment 452625

Man oh man.......if all those machines in the scrap pile could talk and tell their stories. :yes:

What model is that Jonsered in the foreground?

I think if they could talk a lot of them would say "I got pulled on and pulled on and then I got thrown into this pile of crap" :p

If anyone needs any of the parts I can relay the message.

I think if they could talk a lot of them would say "I got pulled on and pulled on and then I got thrown into this pile of crap" :p

If those machines could talk and tell their story(s), I'd pull up a comfy chair, grab a Coke or two, a bag of Frito's, and say hit it. :pingpong:

When I was a kid, about 8 or 9, while on the way walking to school, I'd pass by a McCulloch chainsaw shop, that also worked on motorcycles. They had a large outdoor storage area fenced off where they kept a lot of the stuff that didn't need to be kept out of the weather.

In the back of that fenced off area, they had a pile of chainsaws. Mostly yellow ones, but with some red ones mixed in (Homelite). I could walk up to the fence and touch some of the saws in that pile. For whatever reason, I was fascinated by them.

Anyways, I kind of became a pest and started hanging around that shop. They put up with me well, as long as my parents were okay with me being there. They gave me small odd jobs to do and paid me for it. After a few weeks, I asked about the pile of saws in the back and if I could go rummage thru them? They asked me why I wanted to do that? I said that I would like to pick one out and get it running.

I was given the okay, and one of the techs and I went out and began looking thru it. I ended up picking out a tiny little Mac that had seen better days. I spent the next day or two cleaning it all up so that it was presentable. After about four or five weeks and with a lot of help, I rebuilt that saw and got it running.

I didn't take it home with me, so I left it at the shop. Several months later, come to find out, the shop sold it, not knowing that it was mine, and wasn't for sale. Man, I was heart-broken for a few weeks. They made it up to me by giving me some money and telling me to go pick out another saw to rebuild.

For about 2-3 yrs., I was pretty much a regular fixture around that shop when I could be. I rebuilt about 7 or 8 saws with the tech's help and sold them all. My family then moved out of state. Whenever we returned to visit family and friends, I'd stop by the shop and say hello. I always got a nice welcome.

I have a ton of good memories from all that. I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Check the JonseredS thread. They'll know.
That pistol grip saw near it looks Kool.

Latest posts

Back