Been Milling Poplar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camojeep

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Neighbor gave me a poplar sorry dont know how to spell poplar. so i milled it up and built me a wood shed its 7ft deep by 16 ft long x 8 ft high I used cedar post another neighbor gave me the roof bought some 16 ft 2x4 for framing total cost about 50 dollars used some used motor oil and diesel for stain been working on filling it should have built it bigger cause its about full already and its not even cold ill have to go back to milling

Cool Job!

Cool Shed. Need one too. I've got a big poplar that I will probably do the
same with. Thanks for pictures. Duane in VA. :clap:

Nice job... I love working with poplar... it works easy in the shop, soft but yet hard enough to build with. Plentiful around here too. Got two on the ground as we speak that need to be sliced up before rot sets in.

Nice little shed.

Nice job on the shed!!! Looks like you've got a bunch of wood to keep that OWB fed for a while. Im hoping to be able to budget in the funds to get one in the next few years. Is yours water or forced air?:cheers:

its a boiler i think its got 150 gal 180000 btu i heat the house and shop with it water comes thru a radiator and forced air blows across it and the hot water in the winter saves about 20 bucks a month on electric when you shut the water heater off

Latest posts

Back