Beetles in my woodstove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cedarman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Whats up fellas

The title sums it up. I threw three or four pieces of wood in the stove lastnight.

when the fire got goin good I happend to look in the stove and there were beetles everywhere crawling out the wood.

thank god the wood is heating my shop and is not in the house.

Can anyone give me a little info on these beetles? are they dangerous like termites?

thanks

Ross

Whats up fellas

The title sums it up. I threw three or four pieces of wood in the stove lastnight.

when the fire got goin good I happend to look in the stove and there were beetles everywhere crawling out the wood.

thank god the wood is heating my shop and is not in the house.

Can anyone give me a little info on these beetles? are they dangerous like termites?

thanks

Ross

They didn't get out of the stove did they? It really don't hurt anything if the burn up. I like to spray bug killer on my wood pile to keep them out.

There are maybe 180,000 different beetles. Did you get a picture of one.

My experience is they don't want to be in your house either. So when they hatch they move on.

Can you get a pic of one of them? Depends on what sort of beetle. Can't tell if they're harmful unless I know what they are.

haha! yea they didnt like the woodstove alot. No they didnt get out.

Ill try to take some pics and get them posted

Latest posts

Back