Best climbing/arborist books?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfballiet

Reaction score
I need a refresh and also learn some new things. I'm looking for a book that has a full spectrum of tree work. The Tree Climber's Companion, Fundamentals of General Tree Work,and the Tree Climbers' Guide, 3rd Ed. are what i was looking at. Whats the best one to get, I'm only buying one?

I need a refresh and also learn some new things. I'm looking for a book that has a full spectrum of tree work. The Tree Climber's Companion, Fundamentals of General Tree Work,and the Tree Climbers' Guide, 3rd Ed. are what i was looking at. Whats the best one to get, I'm only buying one?

I only know the first two, I have not see the Tree Climbers Guide. If you want a refresher on the full spectrum, "Fundamentals..." would be the better book of the first two, IMO. You can piece together what is covered in "...Companion", a pain but doable. Someone else will have to comment on Tree Climbers Guide.

Tree climbers companion, great book I constantly use if needed to refresh or look for something a little different

imo they are all good, i have never seen a bad one. for me its the free ones that are the best.

For $25 you may want to consider The Alex Shigo Story.
Dr. Shigo has brought us more science regarding trees than most of us can possibly imagine.

This DVD is an illuminating look at Dr. Alex and what he's brought us. Highly recommended.

Back