Best indoor boiler??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papossefan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a house that currently has electric baseboard heat. I will be removing this and installing hot water baseboard. The location of the house and the size of the lot it is on means that a owb is not an option but there is plenty of room in the basement for a boiler and wood storage. I am just looking for everyone's opinion on indoor wood boilers. Who does everyone think makes a good quality boiler???

I have a royall that holds 35 gallons of water. Heats my 2200 sq ft house real nice and heats all my hot water. They seem to be pretty well built. They aren't the high efficiency boilers and they don't have any oil or gas backup. But it does work good. Hope this helps.

furnace

i also had a harmon but it was hot air furnace if you look on their site they call them central heating units was a really great furnace. good luck hope this helps
Kevin

i'm in the same boat - leaning towards a harman boiler. fyi - check wieghts and measurements on the items you are comparing. for me this thing is going through my kitchen then down some steps. some of these boilers are pretty heavy.

I was in the same boat as you three years ago. I researched the crap out of these things. I ended up buying the AHS multi fuel boiler. They also have the "Wood Gun" for wood only but i wanted to burn coal .
The Wood Gun is a gasification unit and seems the be well made. I don't have one regret about going with the AHS and my co worker also bought one and he loves his also...

http://www.alternateheatingsystems.com/Multi-Fuel_boilers.htm:clap: :clap:

Latest posts

Back