Best Rear-Handled Tree Saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E350

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
OK, I know two things: 1. that the title to this thread is an oxymoron; and 2. that it is likely offensive to the pro arborist.

I haven't climbed trees since I was in my 20's for a short time for seed cone collection in Sugar Pine and Douglas Fir. And I don't plan to be in a tree that often, but I do have some limbing to do and I would like to do it with a light saw (not my venerable Husqvarna 266SE xp). I still have my climbing gear, but I will probably do the tree work tied-in from a 20' ladder. I also have some trimming to do from the ground and from a much shorter ladder.

I am concerned about kickback from a MS201 (or a MS200 used for $250) so I am considering a MS241 C-M. Since the places where I will use the saw are respectively at sea level and at 6800 feet, the M-Tronic actually interests me for this type of saw.

On the other hand, I will likely also pick up a 390xp for firewood for the larger logs at the 6800 foot elevation and I have absolutely no interest in Auto-Tune for that saw. I prefer Husqvarna based on my great experience with the 266SE xp (my only experience with Stihl's is carrying one for 8 hours a day doing timber stand selection for 4 months in my 20's).

Or 543xp?

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back