Best small saw for the light work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've grown tired of trying to get and old saw to run right, which is why I want a new one.
There are some advantages to the older saws, so quite often finding a good second hand one makes sense.
Hang around here often enough and you will soon see that some of the older versions can be a handy option. Hang around even longer and a new ported saw makes sense.
Fwiw the 361 I posted a link to is a little lighter and little more suited to limbing duties than the 362 that replaced it. It is certainly a classic model and should hold it's value well if you decide you don't like it. While remaining with a stihl - whom you said had a good local dealer for you.

I've grown tired of trying to get and old saw to run right, which is why I want a new one.
All of my saws were used when I got them except for the 028 which my dad bought new in 1980. All of my saws run great, and for half the price of a new one. Just sayin

I've bought 3 used saws and only one of the three has been trouble free. That is bad odds to me.
Can't argue with that - whatever works for you. I get less downtime on fixing a saw myself, than sending one away for a warranty so I don't pay it any mind.

I'm kind of leaning towards giving the echo cs-590 a try, anybody know if there is a bar stud adapter available so I could put a Stihl pattern bar on it?

I don't plan on using my saws to make a living with anymore, they will only be used for firewood and personal enjoyment.

I'm kind of leaning towards giving the echo cs-590 a try"

You have an opportunity to buy the ms362c-m at ~ $75 off retail...because you recently spent thousands of $$ there.

Now...you're thinking to go with the Echo 590...?? - Dealer gonna give you $75 off retail..?? - Did you spend thousands of $$ there too..??

I ain't believing any of your crap stories...you're just another internet "troll" that found a forum that folks took you serious and tried to help you.

Bad on you..!!!!

Shut up troll.

I bought the following from the guy:

Honda EU200i inverter generator $991.79
Stihl HS81R $534.95
Stihl BG86C $283.84
Stihl FS250R $539.95
And some other miscellaneous items.

I just thought I might try an echo for the hell of it, plus one was selling on ebay for $350. If it sucked ass I could always sell it and I wouldn't be out much.

I'm kind of leaning towards giving the echo cs-590 a try, anybody know if there is a bar stud adapter available so I could put a Stihl pattern bar on it?

I don't plan on using my saws to make a living with anymore, they will only be used for firewood and personal enjoyment.

Another Ouch :eek: - as I understand it, that one is a bad performer even for an Echo.

The 620 is the only decent 60cc Echo (and the 620 isn't really an Echo, but a Shindaiwa in Echo "dress").

You ain't gonna buy nothing...you're just blowing smoke up people's asses.

Now that you've quit your job...you should consider writing movie screenplays...you're such a natural..!!

I loved the part about the whining about the bad experiences with used saws... sure brought a tear to my eyes..:cry:

You've been a member here like a whooping 4 days now...It amazes me the tolerance levels of many of the fine members here.

Back in the old days...you would have been blown out of the water and into orbit within your first three yarns..!!

( you ol' time members know (remember) I am' Fish's' protege...and no crap like this goes unnoticed..!!)
J2F

The 620 is the most desirable echo, but for the price difference between it and a Stihl or a Husqvarna, I'd never buy it. The cs-590 seems to do okay with a muffler mod from the videos I've seen on youtube.

Here's a link of a mm cs-590 vs ported Stihl 361.

The engine is supposed to be the same as the 600.

Maybe the saw just needs a little porting done to it. I'm sure there are a few guys here that know how to make one come to life.

You ain't gonna buy nothing...you're just blowing smoke up people's asses.

Now that you've quit your job...you should consider writing movie screenplays...you're such a natural..!!

I loved the part about the whining about the bad experiences with used saws... sure brought a tear to my eyes..:cry:

You've been a member here like a whooping 4 days now...It amazes me the tolerance levels of many of the fine members here.

Back in the old days...you would have been blown out of the water and into orbit within your first three yarns..!!

J2F

Well, I was going to buy the one on ebay today, but now it is gone, oh well.

When I was young I started with a 4 cube saw.. I make sure I have at least a 4 ci saw or bigger in my lineup.. To use small saws and work the crap out if them is against my chainsaw religion. "Though must have more power and extra hp when needed. "
I always like the look on my friends faces when they use of my strong saws....Dolmar 7900 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back