best time/back saving equipment???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are light, strong, and simple. I am looking at the rake attachment also, I think it runs around 900.00, but not sure. Do you use dingos or another make? Toro is our pick due to service and parts availability. We currently have 3, all on tracks. Log dollies suck.

in new zealand toro has just introduced the small track mini loader like the one pictured.do you use the rear foot plate or just walk behind?how do you find it on turf?:clap:

They are walk behinds, but Toro just came out with a platform attach., on order so I don't know how it works yet. It does fold out of the way. It is OK on turf with a good careful operator, on hot days we water the heavy traffic areas to avoid burning the grass. We also use alturna-mats alot.

log dollies are great

I have not used them much with moving wood .But i have put alot of trees in the ground with one .I have planted 12to14ft trees that have 36inches wide root ball with them .They are cheap compared to a skid loader .They do require alot more work. But still $300 compared to $30,000.Big difference.

Thanks for the feed back so far, love to see more though. even simple mods for the time saving or back breaking work.keep them comin.:greenchainsaw:

Nothing fancy, but one of my favorite pieces of equipment is a simple rope puller. Takes continuous standard 1/2" and has 1500 lbs of pull - great for when you're in the bush, only weighs a few pounds. Another thing that saves a ton of time on leaning alders, especially when it's raining, are 2.5' long 3/8" rope slings to hold the larger branches; no need to tie branches off and rope them down if you can hold on to them and swing them where you want. Usually bring up a dozen and send for more if needed.

For us its our 76ft spider lift.

attachment.php

Our Massey Furgeson loader helps on our clearing jobs, but much too big to use on someones lawn in residential work. Looking to get into a skid steer and have been eyeing ASV RC60 or Bobcat T190

turf friendly & lift height are the most important things to me in a skid steer. I want to be able to cut trees in a few sections and get them in the truck or a dump trailer.

that is so coooool. can you fit that on the back of your truck? Whats the cost on an item like that?

while it gets narrow 38". its still fairly long at 21ft folded up in travel position. You need atleast a 20ft trailer with a GVW of 10,000

lift and trailer will run you about $125-$130k depending on your options and trailer setup.

Back