Best type of rake for R/T Loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerfarmer

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for the best type of rake for use with a rubber track loader. I have an ASV RC-100 and a ASV tine grapple that I am using to clean up logging debris and hurricane damage on my land. The tines on this grapple are straight steel bars with an angle cut on the end. The tine grapple is great for moving large objects or piles but not very good at pushing along on the ground to gather up limbs and small tree trunks.

Which would be best for this application, a brush rake like the Ambusher Talon with tines that go mostly forward and curve up, or something like a Bradco Root Rake?

Thanks for your recommendations,

Deerfarmer

you need to find a root grapple with the tines but has a guide bar running perpindicular to your root tines. that acts as a guide bar agenst the ground so your tines dont get burried up under roots and what not. or keep your rapple and weld a bar about 8 inches back. strait across.

Many thanks to Tree Slayer and Neighborstree for their suggestions.

I did some searching and found a clearing rake that looks promising and picked it up Friday. It is made by Grademaster. Their primary products are leveling blades for driveways, roads and horse areanas but they also make a 72" heavy duty clearing rake. They are built about 2 hours from where I live so I was able to pick it up direct from the manufacturer.

I do not know how to post a picture, but you can see it by going to grademastersales.com, click on "for skid steer" and then click on "clearing rake" for the CR 72 rake.

I put it on the ASV for a little while this week end, but I need a little more time playing with it to pass judgement as to it's effectiveness. I think once I get a feel for it it will do OK. I hope that it works as well as it looks.

Grapple/rake

Loflin is a good rake I rented one once. There is another mfr in the same town in NC that makes a similar rake/grapple which I bought I think it is a piranah. I bought it a couple of years ago for about $1000 for the 4' rake around here everybody wanted $2500 for the same thing. I think I got the ad out of a Equipment Trader want ad book.:biggrinbounce2: :biggrinbounce2:

Back