• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Best way to package Husqvarna bars for sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saw Fixr

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good morning All,

How this is the right place to ask this…
Haven’t posted in a long time, but am a frequent lurker…..That being said,
What’s the best way to package a bar (s) for sale and ship? I’m thinking bubble wrap, and make a cardboard “sheath”, and ship USPS?
I have a bunch of NOS Husqvarna bars that I purchased from my local dealer (that I do work for as well, as they currently have no small engine mechanic).
All of these bars are new, but in older style packaging and have been sitting in their inventory for ages, so they can’t sell them.

I have a bunch of new Husqvarna chains chains as well.

Bars and chains range from 12” to 28”

I’ll be posting a list soon.

Thanks

I was about to say almost the same thing. I've shipped upto 60 lbs packages with just bars this way
Good deal.
Thanks for the replies. I’ll start listing them. I have several chains, from 16-24” that should fit these bars as well, and will list them too.
Any LW bars?
PM me

Thanks.. I can certainly get some. My main concern was with bending, hence my thoughts of using bubble Wrap. Thanks To all for the suggestions.

Thanks.. I can certainly get some. My main concern was with bending, hence my thoughts of using bubble Wrap. Thanks To all for the suggestions.
They are tough in general, everyone i have sent bars too have asked how much duct tape did I use? I say I buy them in 3 and 4 roll packs 🤷‍♂️

I've shipped many bars using cardboard and duct tape as described, but the last time I shipped one (36") USPS wanted over $30 to ship it less than 200 mi., and, as packaged, UPS wanted over $50. But, if I put it in a box, which the package depot had available for less than $3, the UPS price was under $20. The lady at the package depot said that the $30+ surcharge was for an odd shaped package.

Damn…if shipping is that high, I guess I’ll take it in the shorts on some of these…oh well, what can ya do?

That was a 36" bar I was shipping and length makes quite a difference in shipping cost as does the extra weight of a longer bar. If most of your bars are 24" or shorter I would think shipping will be considerably cheaper than what I was charged. I just wanted to mention that putting it in a box can sometimes save quite a bit of money.

I've shipped many bars using cardboard and duct tape as described, but the last time I shipped one (36") USPS wanted over $30 to ship it less than 200 mi., and, as packaged, UPS wanted over $50. But, if I put it in a box, which the package depot had available for less than $3, the UPS price was under $20. The lady at the package depot said that the $30+ surcharge was for an odd shaped package.
I shipped out a 60" Cannon several weeks back. I arrived fine. Then a week after it arrived my phone beeped in the middle of the night. It was my credit card company telling me Pirate Ship had just attempted to charge my card $1359 for an additional shipping charge. Well when morning came I was on the phone with UPS. It seems somehow they thought a package that was 68x8x2 was 38x34x30 and weighed 237lbs. That was quite a ordeal to get straightened out.

I shipped out a 60" Cannon several weeks back. I arrived fine. Then a week after it arrived my phone beeped in the middle of the night. It was my credit card company telling me Pirate Ship had just attempted to charge my card $1359 for an additional shipping charge. Well when morning came I was on the phone with UPS. It seems somehow they thought a package that was 68x8x2 was 38x34x30 and weighed 2377lbs. That was quite a ordeal to get straightened out.
Sounds like Pirate Ship is trying to live up to their name.

Latest posts

Back