Best way to take down this tree?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might have to eliminate a few out front if you are limited on resources.

Probably the most dangerous approach.

I would lash a choker on the bottom and winch it out of the other trees with my Kubota.

You could try a cant hook/peavey and see if you could roll it out of the tops if it isn't hung up too bad.

You never want to be working underneath it.

Probably the most dangerous approach.

I would lash a choker on the bottom and winch it out of the other trees with my Kubota.

You could try a cant hook/peavey and see if you could roll it out of the tops if it isn't hung up too bad.

You never want to be working underneath it.

I didn't say do something foolish and killed! :chainsaw: Consult your local arboritst in PA:clap:

Safest place

If you're just at the butt and don't go under it, you'll be fine.

Do you own a come-a-long?

Maybe you need a heavier one for this job and just keep it in your pick-up afterwards.
Maybe it wouldn't be strong enough.

If you start cutting on that butt, think about it straightening itself with each segment removal. That puts you closer to being directly under the danger.

That looks nasty.

Something involving a bulldozer and a long wire rope, or a large excavator comes to mind.

Sure a skilled arborist could get it down, but it's a big job. Possibly cheaper to get some heavy machinery hauled in and pull it down from a safe distance in 5 mins?

Ian

czar800, where in w.pa do you live? I live in W.pa also.....might be close enough to take a look for ya & make some suggestions!!

LXT..........

tree job

get lxt out there do not try byself its to dangerous.you r going to have to piece it from above to dangerous from below.you dont want it to snap back on you.

skidder and winch best, but a backhoe (more common perhaps) could do it too. Hook up the butt and pull back. She'll come out no problem.

Mike, I live in Industry just a stones throw away, just bid a large sycamore over that way the other day 6th ave before the college!!

Ill pm you my phone #, If I can help ya.... I will!!

how bout this snow today?........took my dogs for a walk we loved it!!

LXT.........

OK, you dont have private message set up!! PM me then I will reply!!

take care be safe

LXT..........

Latest posts

Back