best Wheelbarrow to bring rounds to the owb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i went through 2 plastic drum wheelbarrows this season. they sh-adder in the cold temps.. i am looking to find one that has been proven to work year after year..
any suggestions?

Find an older one that the tub is steel. I have a couple and they are invincible. Found them both at auctions for a little of nothing.

You sir, need a Jackson....

315je9HEnqL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Home Depot carries them. Upgrade to the steel handles, and when or if the front tire ever wears out or gets a leak, swap it for a leak proof / solid type. One load is all I need to fill my boiler for the day.

They make a 2 wheeled contractor sized wheel barrow too if you want more stability on slippery stuff. This one is from ace hardware. $85

They make a 2 wheeled contractor sized wheel barrow too if you want more stability on slippery stuff. This one is from ace hardware. $85

+1 on the two wheel,carry a beer and still push at the same time. Those old thick steel ones are great too,as long as you don't have to lift it to much.

Ant,
Whatever wheel barrow you buy, make sure you get one with a tire that can't go flat. I broke down and bought one for my 25 year old wheel barrow. It was my third tire and it will be the last. No need now to take time out and inflate the tire anymore. Meanwhile, here's how I move wood when I'm too lazy to get the wheel barrow.

If you want one to last that you can beat on get a steel one. We got one from the late 70's were still using.

Jackson!

When I was still in the concrete biz we used and abused Jackson wheelbarrows almost every day, they're very nice and heavy duty and hold up great. Definately pricey, but this might be one of those getting what you pay for moments!

Mason wheelbarrow

Hello,

I've been lurking around here for some time now trying to learn as much as possible about wood burning. We are in our first year of wood burning with two wood stoves. Thanks to all for the useful info and sometimes not so useful but very amusing banter.

We were lucky enough to have a neighbor give us a mason wheelbarrow (see the following link for one just like mine: http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/1560117195.html) he was no longer using. I've worked hauling many things in one and two wheeled wheelbarrows including wood, and after using it for a little while, I am convinced the best tool for hauling wood by hand is the mason wheelbarrow.

Ravendo 90 Wheel Barrow

I have had the Ravendo Wheel Barrow for 25 years now. This is a perfect Wheel Barrow for Firewood. Very well balanced. I have greased the bearings a few times and added a bit of air to the tire. This is a great tool. I have 2 of these and wheel them right into my house loaded with wood to fill the wood box.

Here is a Link
http://www.ravendo.com/default.aspx?pageID=8&lang=en

Steel Wheel Barrow

A Six cubic feet steel one will last many years. I have one I used over 25 years and besides hauling wood I've mixed a lot of concrete in it.

I'd consider a two-wheeled one if this one ever wore out.

Nosmo

Latest posts

Back