Better bars...Speed Tip or Power Match?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say they hold up about the same. But I have had to reset the single rivet on the Oregons on nearly every other saw that comes through the shop with them. I run Windsors on my own saws.

Thanks Mack...all of my Husky stock bars look like Power Match bars. I have one GB Pro Top and was willing to try a Speed Tip if they will hold up in the 24in. length.

Here's a nice bar check out Rockapella.
DSC_0075.jpg

Here's another bar if you want to let a little loot loose. And to everyone that has been trying to get in touch with me I will making all calls this afternoon. Just a little to busy this week. AKA Kissenger.
attachment_25395.php

I did have a chance to run the Cannon bar today on the KD088.
attachment.php

Here's a shot of the replacable head.
attachment.php

Here's 2 Ken Dunn saws 066 with a GB bar. Ken I know your reading this so why not type a little something in here. :angel:
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hey Barky, how many Adaware and Panda did you have to install to afford that?
Anyway, I had to produce one log last year to get my KD088. LOL
John
088BW.jpg

OH John, I guess I would have to work 6 hours to pay for an 088, if I have my whole crew out working maybe 3. It all depends on the ad-aware and the spybot. LOL The picture is outstanding since it's topped with that bar I sent you to try for a week 1 year ago.

TimisTall I regret that as of right now Ken Dunn is out of action due to a stroke less than a year ago. There are several saw builders here on the AS. I haven't delt with all of them but the one who takes the cake is Ed Heard he has his own forum on the other sponsers. There is also Klicketsacket or KlicketNumbNuts who also has his own forum, What I would do if I were you would begin to research these other guys. I mean read for hours and you might find some things about some saw builders that will PM you once they know you are in the market for a saw.

It's like fishing some guys like rubber worms others like Jiterbugs. Me I like the zera spook.

Last edited:
Marky Mark said:
Is it just me, or is Gypo falling on his ass in this picture? :cool:

It's been a while since I've seen one of Gypo's trademark bar-tip shots. Brings back memories. What ever happened to Tundratto anyway?

spacemule said:
What ever happened to Tundratto anyway?

He was just about gone when you got here. I guess all the good posts before he split got pulled. It might have been something to do with Dennis Greffard but I'll never tell.

I am ready to give the Speedtip a try - I have always run the Powermatch, but I have also heard some good things abuot the Windsors...

I've run a speedtip once, but mine was made in canada, so I really cant make any comment on the new ones. I also dont think I used it enough to know how I liked it. it was nice to have for the price of a total of $33 I paid for it in 2001, then it sat for 2.5 years till I actually used it for something. not a bad thing to have.

Latest posts

Back