BG 86 joins the crew, vid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
GEDC1520.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/GEDC1519.flv">

i gota say im impressed. i used it on a job cleaning dirt off the street lots of dirt. this thing lifted caked on dirt and moved 2" rock only downfall ive found so far is it wears my arm out , i found myself two handing the little succer.

this thing will get a muffler mod, i can see a screen throught the thread in exhaust outlet. i might first see how much adjustment i can get out of the carb. the muffler realy has it choked down
anyways the little succer is impressive

Evan

Last edited:
GEDC1520.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/GEDC1519.flv">

i gota say im impressed. i used it on job cleaning dirt off a street lots of dirt. this thing lifted caked on dirt and moved 2" rock only downfall ive found so far is it wears my arm out , i found myself two handing the little sucker.

this thing will get a muffler mod, i can see a screen throught the thread in exhaust outlet.

anyways the little succer is impressive

Evan
What a cutey, I had to call the wife in to see her. She reminds me of Nik's youngest when she was little

Nice Vid.. Daughter seems to like and and so do the dogs!! I think mine would freak!!,,

I knew I'd regret not buy a BG86 at a good deal when I had the chance..

They're good blower, I've had a couple customers accidentally drop them off the roof and they survived to work another day.

GEDC1523.jpg

im gona look and see if i can find bolt in deal thats bigger id like to go to 3/4" this is only about 7/16

Just bought one too. If you hold it in your left hand it sucks the pants right in. Should have a shoulder strap of some sort figuted out for it as it does get heavy after 20 minutes or so. It has a cat muffler right?

i think , i dont know for sure. i might tear into it eraly tommorow morning

got curious and grabbed deep socket to see what this was

instant muffler mod is what it was

i think ill tack a 3/4 tube over it so that it gets it out past the plastic. i slightly richedn the h and will run it tommorrw
GEDC1526.jpg

sparkscreen i guess. i dont think i need it on commercial jobsites or parking lots
GEDC1525.jpg

maybe tommorrow ill tear it down and see what the ports look like

i just an it. idle is louder but at wot it isnt much louder, ill have to put it on a tac and see how much removeing the spark screen gains

Last edited:
got curious and grabbed deep socket to see what this was

instant muffler mod is what it was

i think ill tack a 3/4 tube over it so that it gets it out past the plastic. i slightly richedn the h and will run it tommorrw
GEDC1526.jpg

sparkscreen i guess. i dont think i need it on commercial jobsites or parking lots
GEDC1525.jpg

maybe tommorrow ill tear it down and see what the ports look like

i just an it. idle is louder but at wot it isnt much louder, ill have to put it on a tac and see how much removeing the spark screen gains

Don't do it. That blower is strato and unlike the saws it runs wide open most the time. No short periods of wide open throttle with blowers like with saws. That 86 is super tuned to the carb its using. Any alterations will throw it out of tune and you will be very unhappy. Its cold natured as it is, opening the exhaust is gonna make it more cold natured. Use that thing and be happy, its a awesome blower the way it is. By far the smoothest handheld blower Stihl has ever made. Good choice. Cute little girl there too, spend your money on her and leave that blower alone..

sounds like a smooth blower, i wouldn't mind trying one never got to use a strato charged blower yet. I got the bg85. its a nice blower.I just seem to like the echo more it seems so much smoother and better balanced. the spark screen nut vibrated out on me on my bg85. its too loud now and has way too much vibration. atleast it starts right up. its kind of a let down though sadly.now the br550 is another story. i almost love it just worried about reliability it dropped a valve and melted to the piston with maybe a season on it. there childs play to work on though i thought it was straight gassed but it wasn't its a shame. i just don't think stihls newer blowers will last like my br400 on its 10th year.

THALL10326

we will see.

that sparkscrren would be like me trying to breathe through a straw. i could do it but id hate every minute of it.

i actualy set the H back where it was. the only negetive i see is that this blower will now be over the 70dba. wich doesnt bothere me and seems to quite down at wot

i do have plans for tac so that i can see any real gains. ive been tryn to figure out how i can tell if its running faster. i thought about putting it on the bathroom scal at WOT with screen installed and then do the same with it removed an see if its any difrent

i did notice its cold blooded and seemed the same with the screen removed.

thall
its the next morning and i know i dont know anything im just some punk stuborn kid, i got to thinkn that saws are designed to run wide open. so much so that they load up when idled to long or ran at part throttle.
the only difrence my mind see is the blower have a more constant load on them then the saws do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back