Big bar syndrome

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Freud ever visited the PNW....

Eh, sometimes a big bar is just a big bar.
cigar-smoking-ani.gif

I just saw one on ebay the other day. 032 with a 37" bar?????? Said it was ONLY seven months old. huh must be some real goobers out there!! I think people judge a chainsaw by the length of the bar and not by the cc size of the motor.:dizzy: :dizzy:

Big Bad Cottonwood

Since you guys are talking about big bars------
Thot you might want to see a big bar that actually does some work.
Cottonwood tree I felled just before Christmas. 30 feet around base. First pic shows a couple of guys smiling after getting the beast down. Second photo shows how close to the house this was before trimming There is a lot of rigging you cant see. The 65" GB bar is on a 038 MagII of all things. My 066 let me down, so I swapped in the 038. It groaned a little, but got the chain spinning, The wood was not hard and the result is in a pile on the ground. Husky 394, with muffler mod and 36" bar did most of the work.

Link shows more pics and funny short video of fall. Look through the photos till you see the video highlighted. Go to full screen. Lots of fun!!

http://s389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/dwstapp/Felling the cottonwood/?albumview=slideshow

Bigal

Holy crap. Why did they wait so long to take that thing down? That little 038 looks so small at the end of that bar!:chainsaw: :hmm3grin2orange:

Nobody seems to know why-- I guess it just got away from them. I live in a little remote community in New Mexico. I guess maybe nobody had the resources? A tree company came in years ago and took off everything down to about 30 feet, but they were afraid to fell it, and its was way too big to piece out.

Since you guys are talking about big bars------
Thot you might want to see a big bar that actually does some work.
Cottonwood tree I felled just before Christmas. 30 feet around base. First pic shows a couple of guys smiling after getting the beast down. Second photo shows how close to the house this was before trimming There is a lot of rigging you cant see. The 65" GB bar is on a 038 MagII of all things. My 066 let me down, so I swapped in the 038. It groaned a little, but got the chain spinning, The wood was not hard and the result is in a pile on the ground. Husky 394, with muffler mod and 36" bar did most of the work.

Link shows more pics and funny short video of fall. Look through the photos till you see the video highlighted. Go to full screen. Lots of fun!!

http://s389.photobucket.com/albums/oo338/dwstapp/Felling the cottonwood/?albumview=slideshow

Bigal
That's one nasty looking stump.

I just saw one on ebay the other day. 032 with a 37" bar?????? Said it was ONLY seven months old. huh must be some real goobers out there!! I think people judge a chainsaw by the length of the bar and not by the cc size of the motor.:dizzy: :dizzy:

Many folks believe that saws only can be equipped with one length of bar--I've known people to sell their saw so they can get "a saw with a bigger bar"........

Casey

Back