Big oak In southern california

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johndirt82

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Me and a few buddies at work cut up trees for free for community service. Gets us off the ship for a day, yes we're all in the NAVY.
just a couple pics. Saws are an 084 w/ 50" , 288xp 36" and a husky 61 converted to a 272 set up. Stihl 066 ported Big Bore and my favorite 026!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Thankyou , Bout to hit my 10 years of service this year. Halfway done.
I have browsed this site for sometime just never post anything, Definately learned alot. Thanks everyone for your insite and wisdom. I didn't have to cut much of it , bugs kill alot of these big oaks in San Diego county. Only took a about a foot deep notch in the front and a foot into the back and down she came.

Last edited:
Hey, John, welcome, and thanks for your service. :cheers:

Where is that oak? Looks like you're inland a bit. Escondido area?

I am surprised they let you run the saws on their property. I used to do volunteer trail maintence but all you could use was a shovel for liablity reasons.

There are no houses around and military has great medical coverage , P.S thanks for paying your taxes. I know what you mean about that , god forbid you break a nail or get cut these things happen when you do manual labor, everyone is so worried about lawsuits these days they are affraid to do anything. We just like to get out of the daily norms and go do some work for those who can't do it themselves anymore, the couple is in their 70's who own the 45 acres and have 50 or so big oaks the bugs have killed. Bad news in a fire prone area like San Diego county.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back