Big oak rounds and the TW6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_1776.JPG IMG_1777.JPG IMG_1778.JPG I had a woman contact me through Facebook because she knew I sell firewood. She said she had done big oak logs down in her yard and after looking at them I agreed to take them. They were just trunks, done up to 3 feet in diameter all with direct truck access. I spent just under 2 hours cutting them to length last Friday and then an hour and a half with 2 helpers on Saturday breaking them down into manageable pieces. Was able to position the dump truck right next to the splitter for easy transfer. I'm loving the new splitter with log lift. Got right around 2.5 cords all solid oak.

View attachment 648610 View attachment 648611 View attachment 648612 I had a woman contact me through Facebook because she knew I sell firewood. She said she had done big oak logs down in her yard and after looking at them I agreed to take them. They were just trunks, done up to 3 feet in diameter all with direct truck access. I spent just under 2 hours cutting them to length last Friday and then an hour and a half with 2 helpers on Saturday breaking them down into manageable pieces. Was able to position the dump truck right next to the splitter for easy transfer. I'm loving the new splitter with log lift. Got right around 2.5 cords all solid oak.

That's a pretty nice haul!

Back