Big red oak burl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cameron2171

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a red oak burl with a possible buyer and i was wondering if any of your guys could help me out on apraising it so i dont get low balled. the burl is pretty big and round, it took 4 guys to get it into my truck
fbx
fbx
theater[/IMG]

i tried adding pictures but i dont think it worked
fbx
how do i add pictures off of facebook?? or just saved pics on my computer because i got some good pictures of it

Last edited:
I want to see the lathe big enough to turn a burl which "took 4 guys to pick up":msp_biggrin:

i tried adding pictures but i dont think it worked
fbx
how do i add pictures off of facebook?? or just saved pics on my computer because i got some good pictures of it

There is a post on here if you use the search on how to do it. You can use the album option under your AS profile to save the pic to or you can use a number of free internet photo albums. Download the pic and open it. Copy the URL and go to your post. Click on the "insert Image" icon above right of the typing box. It will ask for the URL. Paste it in but make sure you do not have "http//" twice. Click on the preview button to see if it worked and then post if all is good. Good luck.

Burls generally sell as a 'weight green' price per pound. So you basically weigh your burl green and tag the weight...it'll carry this same weight even after 20 years of drying on the market.

So the big question....what do you expect to get per pound of your burl?

Oak burls in this area are some common, I couldn't give them away.....sorry.

Scott B

i find old bathroom scales and put a 2 x 6 between two and sit the log down slowly . they come in 300 lb so two will weigh one end of 1200 or explode with 1500 . Garage sales 2 or three dollars ea so its entertainment .

Latest posts

Back