Big yellow saw?need help id

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunk

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would believe it is a McCulloch,but no name or tag on this saw.The air cleaner and cover are missing.But this old girl has a ton of compression.No spark.Maybe some one can tell me what it is?And yes,I will part with it.

You could have asked me, Robert.
I clearly missed this thread.

Closest sibblings to this beast of a saw is R11 and R14.

Look them up on Mikes' site.

If you want more facts, just ask.

This is great,thank you very much,now how do I get to mike's site.Yes,I would like to know more about this saw.

This is one of the newer with pistol grip.
If you look at the front of tha saw on the case side where the bar is mounted, but on the front there is a serial nr, stamped.

The saw is intrudused 1962. 90cc, 5,1hp/6400 rpm, weight including all 11,3Kg. It was .404 chain as standard.
Some of thease saws had a muffler that was to set in one of 2 positions, This is for the noise at higher rpm's when cutting branches. I will see if I have it.

This info is from SPA, a goverment company like the patent office, but it only test the items, and approve or not, all sold here is tested.
Mike use the info provided by manufactuer, sometimes the manufactuer is not trouth full, so it is interesting to see these resoults.

adjustable muffer

Muffer is adjustable,the serial number on the front is 20 and then looks like something rubbed off about two number then 24.Looking over the handle I see there was a bottom peice that broke off.Now do I fix it or sell it?I got so many projects,but this saw is pretty neat.I'll have to put it on the back burnner,unless if somebody needs it.

Never throw away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here they are not collecteble they are Very, no, Extremly common.
I would keep it as parts saw.
The muffler if in good condition is good to have.

My initial thought was a Partner, looked 'kinda square' like some of the mid-80's partners. Good call Mange.

Latest posts

Back