Bigger Blowers on your WB Furnaces??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tallfarmboy

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm the proud owner of a US Stove Hot Blast 1400. Works decent, but I am trying to heat almost 2000 sq. ft with it.
I am not getting enough flow at the floor registers and am going to install a larger squirrel cage fan to improve the flow.
Has anyone else done this? and could you post some pictures or suggestions on this matter?
My 1400 has 2 smaller fans on it and I plan on removing them and installing a single furnace blower on the unit.

Thanks for any help!
TFB

I think you'll be dissapointed with the results from adding a much larger fan. The blower cfm was sized to match what that firebox can support.

I have my 1600M in series with my NG forced air HVAC unit and can run a @#$* load of air through my wood furnace using both my wood stove and conventional blowers , it makes for lukewarm air at best.... and lots of it!

It also cooled my fire box very quickly which resulted in the blowers kicking on and off way too often for liking. I do use the NG furnace blower on extra cold mornings in conjunction with intentionally hot fires to get heat in the house but it's only if conditions are extreme.

Have you considered in-line boosters?

Back